You want to hear an amazing stat? In his last two games, Robert Griffin III has thrown eight touchdowns on just 43 pass attempts. That pace is unlikely to continue, but holy $#@!
As always, if you need help getting ready for Sunday's games after reading today's blog entry, here's what you can do before kickoff:
- Send your questions to me via Facebook or Twitter. You can also tweet lineup questions to my colleagues Joel Beall, Ryan Fowler and Mike Harmon.
- Listen to hosts Harmon, Peter Burns and Nate Lundy on the FOX Fantasy Freaks on FOX Sports Radio Sunday from 9 a.m. until noon ET. You can tweet questions to those guys as well.
- Join a pregame chat with Beall and me on Sunday from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. He'll lead off with the first hour, and I'll close things out.
- Review my Week 12 rankings, along with all the great information at our fantasy football news page.
On to the news:
- Falcons WR Julio Jones was limited at Thursday's practice, but his presence was a good sign, as it's the first time he's practiced since November 9. Jones' owners should remember that the Bucs rank last in the league in pass defense. Don't be shy about starting him if he's active.
- Vikings WR Percy Harvin (ankle) hasn't practiced this week, and his status for Sunday is very shaky. Rookie Jarius Wright will be an interesting deep sleeper if Harvin can't go, and Kyle Rudolph will probably move up from TE17 in my rankings.
- Raiders RB Darren McFadden (ankle) missed another practice on Thursday, so we're probably looking at another week of Marcel Reece as a top-20 fantasy back.
- Jay Cutler was back at practice as a limited participant on Thursday, and appears to be tracking toward a Week 12 return. He's not a lock yet, though.
- For the concussion-ridden Eagles, Nick Foles will start at quarterback on Monday night, and RB Bryce Brown is likely to start as well. LeSean McCoy hasn't been officially ruled out, but things don't look good.
- Steelers WR Antonio Brown (ankle) was limited at Thursday's practice, and we should learn more about his status today. RB Isaac Redman has been practicing after missing Week 11 with a concussion, but he's still the third-best back on his own team.
- Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe (neck) reportedly practiced in full on Thursday, and seems likely to play this week. I can't say I'd be eager to start him, though.
- The 49ers aren't ready to confirm Wednesday's report that Alex Smith has been benched in favor of Colin Kaepernick. At this point, we should assume that Kaepernick will play in Week 12, as Smith has not yet been cleared for contact. I've got Kaepernick at QB15 - he's got a good matchup against the Saints, and he's talented, but we shouldn't think he'll be an immediate fantasy superstar because he played one really good game.
- Is everyone else excited to start the Rams' defense with Ryan Lindley starting at quarterback for the Cardinals? In other Cardinals' fantasy news, do you really want to start RB Beanie Wells in his first game back, behind a bad offensive line, with eight defenders in the box, and LaRod Stephens-Howling playing too well to be buried?
- “C.J. will start, but we’re still going to play Fred ... It takes two. It does. So Fred will get quite a few snaps, but C.J. will start and get the majority of the snaps.” That's what Bills head coach Chan Gailey said said on Wednesday regarding running backs C.J. Spiller and Fred Jackson. I've got Spiller at RB10, and Jackson at RB28.
- Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) didn't practice Thursday, but he hasn't practiced much for a couple of years, so this shouldn't be a big worry. Andre Brown taking snaps away from him in Week 10, on the other hand ...
- Rams WR Danny Amendola (foot) hasn't practiced this week. I suspect that PPR owners won't be able to find alternatives that will get 74 targets per game.
- Packers WR Greg Jennings (abdominal surgery) practiced Thursday for the first time in a few weeks, but he's probably a longshot to play against the Giants. Jennings will be well rested for your fantasy playoffs.
- Bengals WR Andrew Hawkins (knee) didn't practice Thursday, and doesn't seem likely to play on Sunday.
- Graham Gano has replaced Justin Medlock as the Panthers' kicker. Zzz ...
- Colts TE Coby Fleener (shoulder) might return Sunday, but even if he does, I wouldn't be afraid to start Dwayne Allen.
- It sounds like all systems are go for Darren Sproles (hand) to return from his three-game injury absence. I'd start Sproles in PPR leagues, but hesitate in standard formats, since there are a lot of mouths to feed in the Saints' backfield.
- Expect Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew to miss at least two more games.
- Titans offensive coordinator Chris Palmer reminded us Thursday that WR Kenny Britt's knee probably isn't 100 percent healthy. Palmer is expecting Britt to improve, though, and I've got him as a WR3 this week.
Good luck in Week 12!