Every real-life trade has fantasy impact. Check out our Trade Tracker for everything you need to know about the deadline deals.
Homer Bailey's clunker dropped our streaming starter record to 64-43. Today's pick is Milwaukee's Mike Fiers (owned in 36.5 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the terrible Astros, while Thursday's selection is Washington's Ross Detwiler (13.4 percent owned) versus the Phillies.
On to the news:
- Greg Holland has been named as the Royals' new closer in the wake of the Jonathan Broxton trade. Holland is owned in 2.9 percent of FOXSports.com leagues, and should be picked up in all formats.
- Astros manager Brad Mills has kinda sorta named Wilton Lopez as his team's new closer. Here's Mills, per the Astros' website: "I think the way things have gone, he deserves to be given that opportunity ... I think we're really not going to name a particular closer as we go forward, but if there comes an opportunity to get some key outs in the seventh, eighth innings, we might use [Lopez] there." I'm good with that, even with the qualifier. Lopez is owned in just 0.4 percent of FOXSports.com leagues, and you should grab him if you need saves. He's lower on the closer totem pole than Holland, but he's still on it.
- Red Sox SP Josh Beckett is day-to-day after leaving Wednesday's game early due to back spasms.
- Yankees 1B Mark Teixeira got a cortisone shot on his injured left wrist and will be re-evaluated on Friday, when he hopes to play.
- Even with the acquisition of Ryan Dempster, the Rangers will keep Scott Feldman in their rotation, and move Roy Oswalt to the bullpen.
- Speaking of the Rangers, Neftali Feliz will have Tommy John surgery. He'll miss the rest of this season and most - or all - of 2013.
- Also done for the season is White Sox SP John Danks, who will have shoulder surgery on Monday.
- Angels RP Scott Downs is on the DL due to a shoulder strain. Ernesto Frieri should have the save opportunities all to himself for awhile.
- Reds 2B Brandon Phillips could miss at least a few games due to a strained calf. Keep an eye on this one.
- Nationals 3B Ryan Zimmerman and 1B Adam LaRoche are both day-to-day with back issues. OF Jayson Werth is still hoping to come off the DL before the end of the week.
- The Braves have placed SP Tommy Hanson on the DL with a lower back strain. Kris Medlen gets to stay in the rotation for a little while longer.
- Rockies SS Troy Tulowitzki appears to be targeting a return from the DL somewhere around August 20. There could be setbacks, but all the Josh Rutledge owners should keep a close eye on Tulowitzki's progress.
- Rays 3B Evan Longoria is now targeting a return from the DL early next week.
- Cardinals SS Rafael Furcal missed another game Tuesday with back issues, and could sit out today as well. The Cards are trying to play it safe with their oft-injured leadoff hitter, so his fantasy owners should probably be happy that they're not rushing him back.
- Have you been waiting for the Mariners to promote pitching prospect Danny Hultzen? It's probably not going to happen, as the Mariners have decided to limit his innings.
- Padres C Yasmani Grandal is on the DL with the dreaded oblique strain.
- Giants OF Angel Pagan is day-to-day with bruised fingers on his hand. It sounds like he hurt them hitting a water cooler or a wall or something.
- Hey - Tim Lincecum had a really good start last night! Twenty more of those and he'll be worth where you drafted him.
- Brewers manager Ron Roenicke wants to make Corey Hart a full-time first baseman.
- Orioles DH Jim Thome is on the DL with a herniated disc in his neck. The O's also activated 2B Robert Andino, who is expected to share time at the keystone with Omar Quintanilla.
- Today's schedule features six afternoon games, beginning with Orioles-Yankees at 1:05 p.m. ET. Set your lineups accordingly.
See you back here tomorrow morning.