Two snowouts on April 22? Seriously?
First pitch: The Marlins and Twins get their inter league doubleheader started at 2:10 p.m. ET. Today's other doubleheader - Braves-Rockies - starts at 3:10.
Interleague DH issues: With the Twins throwing two righthanders against the Marlins, OF Chris Coghlan seems like the logical choice to join the lineup in the DH spot.
Streaming starters: Mike Leake was pretty good against the Cubs, raising our streaming starter record to 11-8. Today's pick is Carlos Villanueva (owned in 29.7 FOXSports.com leagues) versus the Reds, while Wednesday's selection - there aren't a lot of good options - is Houston's Lucas Harrell (0.9 percent owned) at home against the Mariners. Harrell has been walking too many people so far, but I liked him coming into the season.
On to the news:
- Braves OF Jason Heyward will be out indefinitely after undergoing an appendectomy in Denver on Monday. If everything went as planned, figure that Heyward will go on the 15-day DL and miss the minimum amount of time. Talking Chop thinks the Braves should use Reed Johnson and Jordan Schafer to replace Heyward, with Evan Gattis possibly getting some outfield duty as well. FANTASY NEWS Check out the latest
- After last night's outing, Cardinals rookie SP Shelby Miller is 3-1 with a 2.16 ERA, a 0.88 WHIP and 26 strikeouts against seven walks in 25 innings. He's still available in 27.4 percent of FOXSports.com leagues.
- FYI, Ed Mujica saved Miller's win. Manager Mike Matheny has talked about a committee recently, but according to the St. Louis Post Dispatch, Matheny has "fixed on (Trevor) Rosenthal in the eighth and Mujica in the ninth." We're all subject to the whims of the manager when it comes to closers, right? Mujica is still available in 93.6 percent of FOXSports.com leagues.
- Brett Myers (elbow) is expected to miss a month for the Indians. Do you care? Me neither.
- Phillies SP Jonathan Pettibone made a solid impression in his big-league debut last night. The book on Pettibone is that his stuff is just OK, and "No. 4 starter" is often used to describe him. That's not a bad thing, but it's a warning to anyone who started salivating after seeing last night's boxscore.
- Zach Britton might get the call to start Wednesday for the Orioles in the wake of Jake Arrieta's demotion to the minors. I'll be keeping an eye on Britton for AL-only leagues, though I'm getting tired of waiting for him to get better.
- Will Joel Hanrahan resume closing duties when he returns to the Red Sox sometime next week? Maybe.
- Here's an interesting article from Purple Row on Rockies C Wilin Rosario not seeing any fastballs.
- Angels SS Erick Aybar is hoping to come off the DL on Thursday.
- Kyle Lohse's dislocated left pinkie shouldn't cause him to miss any time for the Brewers.
- Mets SP Shaun Marcum appears on target to make his first start of the season on Saturday. Unless you're in a deep league, there's no need to rush to the free-agent pool to grab Marcum. He's not bad, but not great, either.
- Yankees 3B Kevin Youkilis (back) was scratched last night, and might miss a couple more days, according to manager Joe Girardi.
- Padres OF Carlos Quentin returns from his Greinke-beating suspension tonight.
- Franklin Gutierrez is hurt again? Sigh. Endy Chavez will probably get more playing time if/when Gutierrez goes on the DL.
- Jose Valverde Watch, Day 4: Papa Grande struck out the side while allowing one hit in last night's outing for Lakeland.
- "I don't care if (Anthony Rendon) hits .900, he's not going to beat out Ryan Zimmerman." So said Nationals manager Davey Johnson on Monday. That shouldn't surprise anyone, but it's a reminder to anyone in a redraft league: Don't get excited about Rendon, because he'll be in the minors again soon.
- This article on Adam Dunn by Dave Cameron at FanGraphs is eight days old, but a good read nonetheless if you're wondering what's wrong with Dunn. I'd be patient if I owned him, but with his 2011 stats in mind, his leash wouldn't be too long.
fantasy baseball news
and advice on FOXSports.com!
See you back here tomorrow morning.