Here's a quick update on some notable fantasy news:
- Padres closer Huston Street is on the DL with a strained lat muscle. Manager Bud Black mentioned Andrew Cashner, Dale Thayer and Luke Gregerson as options to close out games, but Cashner is the fire-breathing dragon, so get him if you can. Street doesn't figure to be out for too long, though.
- Heath Bell has been removed from the closer role in Miami, but the switch sounds temporary. Look for Steve Cishek to get some short-term save chances after resting for the weekend.
- Cubs SP Matt Garza will be skipped on Sunday due to an illness. Look for Garza to return to the mound on Friday.
- The Brewers lost two more players today, with SS Alex Gonzalez DL-bound because of a knee injury, and OF Carlos Gomez heading to the same place with a hamstring strain. I think the Brewers are going to call Robin Yount and Gorman Thomas to fill in, because they don't have any players left. Seriously, Nyjer Morgan should get more playing time due to Gomez's absence.
- Twins 1B Justin Morneau will be placed on the DL due to his troublesome sore wrist. If you own Morneau, you probably feel more disappointment or resignation than shock, right?
See you Monday morning, or earlier if events warrant.