There's not much fantasy-relevant news today, so this post will be brief. Here's one item from the usual list: Friday's starting pitcher selection is Boston's streaking Felix Doubront (owned in 9.4 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) versus the weak-hitting Yankees.
On to the news:
- The Yankees are targeting a Monday return for Alex Rodriguez, while Derek Jeter's Friday status is up in the air.
- Here's an item about how the Diamondbacks might juggle their seven starting pitchers, with Randall Delgado likely to head to Triple A when Brandon McCarthy comes back after a 2-3 rehab starts.
- Rangers SP Colby Lewis made a pain-free rehab start on Wednesday, but his return timetable is uncertain.
- The Royals claimed infielder Pedro Ciriaco off waivers, but he figures to either be a backup or get sent to the minors.
- This article spotlights Yasiel Puig's influence on the Dodgers, but also notes that he's been slumping recently. Sell high, my friends.
- It sounds like the Padres are unlikely to trade 3B Chase Headley to the Yankees (or to anyone else).
- This article on the Tigers' hunt for relief help seems to suggest that any deal would be minor, meaning that Joaquin Benoit appears safe in the closer's role. That's just speculation, though.
- Speaking of speculation, here's a video from Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi that looks at trade deadline possibilities. Rosenthal sees the Phillies as buyers rather than sellers.
- The Nationals might not get SP Ross Detwiler (lower back strain) back from the DL on Tuesday, as originally hoped.
- We're going to skip today's fantasy baseball chat. I'll be back in the chat room next Thursday at 3 p.m. ET.
See you back here tomorrow morning.