Holy cow, Tony Cingrani! Are you really going to keep striking out all these guys?
Who's off: Rays, Red Sox, Blue Jays, White Sox, Rangers, Phillies
First pitch: No afternoon games today - Astros-Yankees starts at 7:05 p.m. ET, and two National League games begin five minutes later.
Interleague DH issues: None
Streaming starters: Roberto Hernandez wasn't so great on Friday, Felix Doubront was solid on Saturday, and Ricky Nolasco got it done for us on Sunday. That 2-1 weekend raises the streamer record to 15-10 for the season.
Tonight's pick is A's rookie Dan Straily (owned in 4.8 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the Angels, while Tuesday's selection is Edwin Jackson (5.9 percent owned) versus the Padres. Straily has won all three of his starts since being sent to Triple A, posting a 0.96 ERA with 20 strikeouts in 18 2/3 innings. He'll start tonight in place of the injured Brett Anderson (ankle).
On to the news:
- Rookie 3B Nolan Arenado batted seventh and drew a walk in four plate appearances in his Rockies' debut on Sunday. Arenado is a pretty good prospect, and could be a .280, 12-15 homer kind of guy in both the short and long term thanks to Coors Field. Depending on your current third-base situation, Arenado (2.7 percent owned) could be worth a pickup in any format. Frustrated Jedd Gyorko owners might want to check into Arenado.
- In other Rox' news, SS Troy Tulowitzki is day-to-day with a shoulder strain.
- OF Yoenis Cespedes returned to the A's lineup on Sunday. Hit a game-tying homer and everything.
- Hanley Ramirez could come off the DL for the Dodgers any day now. Those of you in weekly leagues should probably keep him benched to be on the safe side.
- The White Sox placed SP Gavin Floyd on the DL with a strained elbow; the moderately interesting Hector Santiago will take Floyd's rotation slot starting on Friday. 3B Jeff Keppinger (neck) is expected to return to the lineup on Tuesday after a three-game absence.
- Reds OF Chris Heisey (hamstring) missed Sunday's game, and is day-to-day.
- Oh, geez. After a one-game return to the lineup, Yankees 3B Kevin Youkilis' back issues haven't gone away, and he'll have an MRI today. The Yanks also lost mega-slugging C Francisco Cervelli (broken hand, approx. six weeks) and SP Ivan Nova (triceps, possible permanent banishment) to the DL over the weekend, but still swept the Blue Jays. Woooooooooo!
- The Rays are hoping that SS Yunel Escobar (hamstring) can return to the lineup on Tuesday.
- The Diamondbacks have placed rookie SS Didi Gregorius on the seven-day concussion DL.
- The Braves are expecting C Brian McCann to make his 2013 debut within 7-10 days.
- The Red Sox plan to activate RP Joel Hanrahan from the DL before Tuesday's game, but they're not saying if he'll close right away (I bet he won't). OF Shane Victorino is day-to-day with back issues, and you should keep him on the bench until you hear good news.
- Pirates 2B Neil Walker might miss a couple more games with stitches in his hand.
- Blue Jays SP R.A. Dickey says he's been pitching with back and neck issues all season, and will have an MRI soon.
- Plan on a Friday return to the lineup for Nationals 3B Ryan Zimmerman (hamstring).
See you back here tomorrow morning.