Have you seen Mike Trout's great, home-run-robbing catch from last night? If not, watch it right now. It'll make your day.
Kevin Millwood left last night's game after two-and-two-thirds innings due to a strained groin, so he couldn't give us a Fantasy Quality Start. With the record at 50-35 for the season, today's selection is Wei-Yin Chen (owned in 29.9 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the Indians, while Friday's pick is Chen's modestly surging teammate, Jake Arrieta (5.4 percent owned with a 2.70 ERA and 18K/3BB over his last three starts).
On to the news:
- The Yankees lost a pair of starting pitchers to the DL yesterday, with CC Sabathia expected to miss two starts due to a strained groin, and Andy Pettitte likely to be sidelined for six weeks because of a fractured ankle. Colleague Ryan Fowler has some replacement suggestions here. If you own Sabathia, you can probably stream starters until the All-Star break, but replacing Pettitte is more of a long-term proposition. Rookie Adam Warren figures to start for the Yanks on Friday, and you shouldn't expect much from him.
- Chase Utley had three hits, including a home run, in his 2012 debut last night. Utley will sit today as part of a two-on, one-off schedule that is expected to last through next week.
- That was a pretty good outing last night from Tim Lincecum. I think he's turning the corner. Sergio Romo got a four-out save in the game, but since Santiago Casilla had pitched on four of the previous five days, there shouldn't be any added excitement about Romo.
- Tommy John surgery has been very popular this season. It looks like Diamondbacks SP Dan Hudson will be its next victim. Josh Collmenter will take Hudson's rotation spot on Sunday.
- The Indians pulled catcher Carlos Santana from last night's game due to back tightness. I'd make a modest wager that Santana doesn't start tonight.
- Dodgers OF Andre Ethier could be headed to the DL with a strained oblique. If you own Ethier, be ready for him to miss 2-3 weeks.
- After a couple of good starts, the Rays have sent Chris Archer to the minors to make room for the return of DH Luke Scott.
- Red Sox SP Josh Beckett is scheduled to come off the DL to start on start on Saturday.
- Reds 2B Brandon Phillips left last night's game after getting kicked in the head by a sliding Aramis Ramirez, and his status for today is uncertain.
- The Astros hope that 2B Jose Altuve (hamstring) will return to action this weekend, but the team's website reports that it's unlikely he'll return before Saturday.
- Bartolo Colon's rehab is progressing rapidly enough that the A's might get him back before the All-Star break. There's a joke here about a fat guy not really having any oblique "muscles," but I can't think of a good one.
- The Mariners are trying to get OF Casper Wells into the lineup a little more often. AL-only owners, take note.
- If you own Cardinals' pitching prospect Shelby Miller in a keeper league, he appears to be getting a Nuke LaLoosh mandate: Don't think, Meat. Just throw.
- Derek Holland had an uneventful rehab start last night, and is probably tracking to return shortly after the All-Star break.
- Sergio Santos' return date is still a mystery.
- There are two afternoon games today, with Pirates-Phillies leading off at 1:05 p.m. ET. Set your lineups accordingly.
- Happy Trevor Bauer Day, everyone!
See you back here tomorrow morning.
Check out more Fantasy Baseball News and Notes.