Here's a link to the page that will have fantasy analysis of all the significant pre-deadline trades. Info on Monday's Jose Veras deal is there if you need it.
First pitch: Today's schedule includes a pair of doubleheaders, with Brewers-Cubs starting at 2:20 p.m. ET, and Cardinals-Pirates at 4:05. The AL schedule gets underway at 7:05.
Interleague DH issues: The Yankees visit the Dodgers tonight, but with Travis Hafner on the DL, they won't lose anyone significant against Zack Greinke tonight. The Nationals (at Detroit) and Diamondbacks (at Tampa Bay) get to add DHs at AL parks.
Streaming starters: Jacob Turner's outing barely qualified as a Fantasy Quality Start, so we're up to 65-39 for the season. Today's selection is Scott Kazmir (owned in 14.1 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) versus the White Sox, and we'll go back to the well on Kazmir's teammate, Corey Kluber (10.9 percent owned), on Wednesday. Kazmir has a 1.60 ERA over his last seven starts, with with 35 strikeouts against 12 walks in 45 innings.
On to the rest of the news:
- Braves SP Brandon Beachy got knocked around in his first start back from Tommy John surgery. I haven't exactly been driving the Beachy bandwagon lately, but his velocity was good, and he whiffed five batters. If you liked him before last night, don't bail on him yet.
- In the same game, Rockies OF Carlos Gonzalez went five-for-five with two RBI, a run scored and two stolen bases. I guess his injured finger is OK?
- Reds OF Shin-Soo Choo is day-to-day with a sore ankle.
- I didn't cover the trade of RP Jesse Crain to the Rays in the fantasy analysis piece, because there aren't any real fantasy implications. If/when Crain comes off the DL in August, he'll be the same guy in the same league.
- The Mariners have activated OF Mike Morse (quad) from the DL after a five-week absence. Morse is owned in 38.8 percent of FOXSports.com leagues, and could be a good power source if available. To make room for Morse, Jason Bay was designated for assignment.
- Colby Lewis hopes to rejoin the Rangers' rotation next week.
- Injured Padres OF Cameron Maybin appears to be closing in on a return.
- Francisco Liriano ... wow. I wonder what percentage of his owners are leading their leagues after picking him up in May. I also wonder how I'm going to react when I draft him next season, and he posts a 5.47 ERA because he starts walking everyone again. Liriano and I are never a good match, and I might be the jinx.
- Remember Mets SP Jon Niese? He's hoping to make a mid-August return from his shoulder injury.
- Remember Mark Reynolds' early-season success? No more. He can look forward to sporadic playing time for the foreseeable future.
- The Red Sox aren't really thinking about promoting blue-chip prospect Xander Bogaerts to play third base, are they?
See you back here tomorrow morning.