Another day, another save for Heath Bell. He's owned in just 6.5 percent of FOXSports.com leagues - what's everyone waiting for?
First pitch: Both leagues get going shortly after 7 p.m. ET.
Interleague DH issues: The Padres visit the Rays this weekend, so watch for Carlos Quentin to get some DH time. That could give Kyle Blanks some starts in the outfield.
Streaming starters: Way to go, Scott Kazmir! His terrific outing raised our record to 23-13. The weekend selections are Dan Straily (3.3 percent owned) at Seattle tonight, Minnesota's struggling Vance Worley (1.6 percent owned) against the Orioles on Saturday, and Dodger lefty Chris Capuano (1.1 percent owned) versus the Marlins on Sunday.
On to the news:
- Michael Bourn has been activated from the DL and will be in the lineup tonight for the Indians, so start him if you've got him. If you recently picked up Ryan Raburn, his playing time is about to be reduced by quite a bit.
- In the speedy recovery department, Zack Greinke will pitch in a minor-league rehab game tonight with an eye on returning to the Dodger rotation next week.
- Angels SS Erick Aybar is day-to-day after leaving Thursday's game with a hamstring injury.
- Angels SP Tommy Hanson will miss his scheduled Friday start due to "family issues," according to the team's website. His replacement is TBD.
- Braves OF Jason Heyward started a rehab assignment Thursday, and you can probably expect him to come off the DL early next week. Teammate Brandon Beachy will begin his rehab assignment next week with an eye on a mid-June return. If you want to stash Beachy, he owned in just 4.6 percent of FOXSports.com leagues. I feel like I'm not as excited as others are about his 2013 potential.
- So, Joel Hanrahan (forearm) has been moved to the 60-day DL, and might need surgery. There's no need to hang onto him, folks.
- In better reliever news, Arizona's J.J. Putz isn't expected to need elbow surgery, but he'll be shut down for at least a couple of weeks before being re-evaluated.
- Orioles SP Miguel Gonzalez has been placed on the DL with a blister on his right thumb. Steve Johnson will start in Gonzalez's place on Saturday, and he should only be considered as AL-only roster filler.
- Johnny Cueto threw three innings in a Thursday rehab start, and could be back with the Reds as soon as May 19.
- Reading Ned Yost's comments about Jeff Francoeur in this article, I think Yost is (again) itching to get speedy Jarrod Dyson in the lineup more often. Just a hunch.
- Tyler Cloyd is taking Roy Halladay's rotation slot with the Phillies tonight. The 25-year-old Cloyd isn't a highly-regarded prospect, but he's been missing some bats this season. Keep an eye on him, NL-only owners.
- Pirates 2B Neil Walker could come off the DL as soon as Sunday.
- Does anyone else think Yu Darvish might strike out 30 Astros on Saturday night?
- Blue Jays SP Josh Johnson (triceps) probably won't come off the DL until June.
See you back here Monday morning.