Has Carlos Gomez touched home plate yet?
First pitch: The D-backs and Padres start the NL day at 6:40 p.m. ET, while two AL games begin at 7:05.
Interleague DH issues: None.
Streaming starters: Danny Salazar was pretty good on Wednesday, raising our record to 104-59. Today's selection is Dillon Gee (owned in 23.9 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the Brewers, while Friday's pick is Cleveland's Corey Kluber (14.1 percent owned) at Minnesota.
On to the rest of the news:
- Brewers 3B Aramis Ramirez re-injured his left knee during last night's brawl with the Braves, and his season is probably over.
- Nice MLB debut last night by Orioles 2B Jonathan Schoop. With Brian Roberts around, Schoop probably won't get everyday duty this weekend.
- Look for Red Sox 1B Mike Napoli (foot) to return to the lineup on Friday.
- Indians OF Michael Bourn missed last night's game with his injured wrist, but it sounds like tonight is a possibility.
- The Dodgers aren't sure if OF Andre Ethier (leg) will be ready for the first round of the playoffs, so forget about him this weekend.
- Trevor Rosenthal has notched saves on three consecutive days for the Cardinals. Who's got him?
- Kevin Gregg saved the Cubs' win last night. I guess the Pedro Strop thing was a half commitment?
- Pitchers that started on Wednesday and can now be waived include Max Scherzer, Francisco Liriano, Cole Hamels, Hisashi Iwakuma, Jordan Zimmermann, Shelby Miller, Jake Peavy, Mat Latos, Ervin Santana, Ricky Nolasco, Jered Weaver and Kyle Lohse. David Price also pitched last night, but there's a chance he could pitch in an AL wildcard tiebreaker game early next week. There's also a slim chance that Shelby Miller will pitch a tiebreaker game for the NL Central title.
- Speaking of Miller, the Cardinals might shuffle their rotation this weekend depending on if/when they clinch the division.
- White Sox 1B Paul Konerko might miss some time this weekend after fouling a ball off his knee on Tuesday.
- The Tigers are still hoping that SS Jose Iglesias (hand) will be able to play on Friday.
- Look for Alex Rodriguez (sore legs) to get tonight off.
- Who is Vic Black? Possibly the 2014 Mets closer, according to manager Terry Collins. Black could get a save chance or two this weekend, since LaTroy Hawkins might get rest today and tomorrow.
- Twins OF Oswaldo Arcia is day-to-day with a bruised knee.
See you back here tomorrow with the season's final blog entry.