The Reds finally gave Billy Hamilton a start last night, and he stole four bases. I really hope they let him play next season.
First pitch: The Padres and Pirates start the NL day at 12:35 p.m. ET, while the Mariners and Tigers get the AL day underway at 1:08. There are six afternoon games on today's schedule.
Interleague DH issues: None.
Streaming starters: Danny Salazar wasn't so good last night, so we're down to 97-59 for the season. Today's selection is Ubaldo Jimenez (owned in 38.8 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) versus the Astros, while Friday's pick is Padres' lefty Robbie Erlin (0.1 percent owned) against the Dodgers. Friday's options aren't great, and Erlin only gets the nod because he's pitching at PETCO.
On to the rest of the news:
- Brewers SS Jean Segura left Wednesday's game after one inning due to a strained hamstring. The team is calling him day-to-day, but with an afternoon game today you'll want to have a backup option ready.
- Nats' ace Stephen Strasburg has had his next start pushed from today until Saturday. Gio Gonzalez will start in Strasburg's place tonight.
- Dodgers SS Hanley Ramirez didn't play Wednesday, and probably won't play today, either. In an effort to keep Ramirez healthy for the postseason, he will "get to play a day, off a few days ..." according to manager Don Mattingly. If you own Ramirez in a daily league, your life will be busier than you thought for the next 10 days. If you want to waive him, I won't argue.
- Red Sox OF Shane Victorino aggravated a right thumb injury last night. Keep an eye on the Flyin' Hawaiian if you own him. Do people still call him that?
- One-man band: Cardinals' ace Adam Wainwright helped his own cause last night by going 3-for3 with a double and two RBI. Why, yes, he was playing in Coors Field.
- Wainwright's teammate, 1B Matt Adams, left Wednesday's game with elbow pain. His status is TBD.
- Rockies OF Michael Cuddyer (wrist, forearm) is day-to-day. Here's an update on the other Rockies' injuries (Nolan Arenado, Wilin Rosario, Carlos Gonzalez).
- Mets SS Ruben Tejada broke his leg last night, and is done for the season. Look for light-hitting Omar Quintanilla to take Tejada's spot.
- Giants 2B Marco Scutaro (finger) is still day-to-day.
- Look for Rangers C A.J. Pierzynski to get tonight off, since Yu Darvish apparently doesn't like pitching to him anymore.
See you back here tomorrow morning.