Is anyone else jealous of Yasiel Puig for having his own, personalized walkup song? Yas-i-el Puig, the best in the league ...
First pitch: The Mariners are Royals start the AL day at 2:10 p.m. ET, while NL action begins with Cards-Reds at 7:10. There are only seven games on today's schedule, so make sure to use some of your bench players in daily lineup leagues.
Interleague DH issues: None.
Streaming starters: A rough outing from Taijuan Walker dropped our record to 88-53. Today's selection is A's rookie Sonny Gray (owned in 17.7 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) versus the Astros, while Friday's pick is Mets' rookie Zack Wheeler (32.5 percent owned) at Cleveland. Friday's pickings are slim, as most of the starters are at high ownership levels.
On to the rest of the news:
- Cardinals 1B Allen Craig left Wednesday's game with a sprained foot. He's headed back to St. Louis for an MRI, and won't play tonight (at least). If you need some short-term power, try Matt Adams (2.3 percent owned), who hit two homers in extra innings as Craig's replacement last night. Adams has 11 homers in 212 at bats this season.
- Dodgers SP Hyun-Jin Ryu has been scratched from his Friday start due to back stiffness. Chris Capuano will start in Ryu's place.
- The Rangers expect to get SS Elvis Andrus (back) back in the lineup on Friday.
- Blue Jays OF Jose Bautista (hip) has been shut down for the season. Colby Rasmus might suffer the same fate.
- Sorry, but Jim Leyland was cagey on what Miguel Cabrera's Wednesday benching meant. The Tigers are off today, so hopefully Miggy will play tomorrow.
- Rockies 3B Nolan Arenado left Wednesday's game with a thumb injury, but hopes to play Friday.
- The Royals have activated OF Lorenzo Cain (oblique) from the DL, but it doesn't sound like he's going to play much.
- Diamondbacks SP Patrick Corbin might get some extra rest down the stretch.
- The Orioles are about to reactivate Jason Hammel, but he won't join the rotation. Hammel has been horrible this season, so this news probably doesn't bother anyone.
- Red Sox SP Clay Buchholz is scheduled to make a rehab start tonight, and then come off the DL next week if all goes well.
- Another pinch-running appearance, and another stolen base by Billy Hamilton. I know I said earlier this week that Hamilton should only be targeted in NL-only leagues, but he could probably steal 10 bases this month.
- The Astros aren't sure when C Jason Castro (knee) will be ready to play.
- Dom Brown (Achilles) sat again last night for the Phillies; that's his 10th DNP in 12 games. Sorry, daily leaguers - you should plan to keep Brown benched until you see each game's lineup card.
See you back here tomorrow morning, when the football post will be up by 8 a.m. ET, and the baseball entry will be ready before noon.