Looking to keep up with MLB trade activity? Click here for the fantasy impact of the major deadline deals. It's been updated with the Jake Peavy and Alberto Callaspo trades, with more to come over the course of the day.
First pitch: The Nats and Tigers play the first of today's three afternoon games at 1:08 p.m. ET.
Interleague DH issues: The Yankees could opt for Vernon Wells over Ichiro Suzuki in tonight's matchup against Dodger lefty Clayton Kershaw. The Nationals (at Detroit) DH'd Chad Tracy at Detroit last night, while the Diamondbacks (at Tampa Bay) had Eric Chavez batting cleanup and DHing.
Streaming starters: Scott Kazmir's blah performance dropped us to 65-40 for the season. Today's pickis Corey Kluber (owned in 12.2 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) versus the White Sox, while Thursday's selection is relatively new Dodger Ricky Nolasco (21.7 percent owned) at the Cubs.
On to the rest of the news:
- It sounds like Cardinals C Yadier Molina is headed to the DL with a sprained right knee. This is probably a good time to remind fantasy owners that Russell Martin is available in more than 80 percent of FOXSports.com leagues. Molina's real-life backup, Tony Cruz, showed a bit of pop as a minor leaguer, but hasn't hit much yet in the majors.
- Astros' manager Bo Porter says he'll use a closer-by-committee approach in the wake of Jose Veras' trade to the Tigers. The article on the team's website noted that Josh Zeid and Chia-Jen Lo were closing in the minors before their promotions, but Jose Cisnero is probably still the favorite in this mish-mash.
- The Phillies have called up Cody Asche, apparently to be their regular third baseman. Asche was batting .295 with 15 homers and 11 stolen bases at Triple A, and can be considered in any league deeped than a 12-team mixed format.
- The Dodgers signed RP Brian Wilson, but don't let the big name suck you in. He won't help your fantasy squad.
- White Sox OF Alex Rios left Tuesday's game after fouling a ball off his foot. It doesn't sound serious, but we should know more today.
- Braves OF B.J. Upton is scheduled to begin a rehab assignment tonight, and could be activated as soon as Saturday.
- Want to see Astros SS Jonathan Villar steal home? Here's a link to the video. Villar has five steals in eight games since his promotion, and is owned in just 0.4 percent of FOXSports.com leagues.
- Brewers SP Yovani Gallardo left Tuesday's game with a tight hamstring, and we should know more about his status later today.
- This article should help you sort through baseball's apparently imminent drug suspensions. It sounds like Bartolo Colon and Melky Cabrera are off the hook. If you own Nelson Cruz, Jhonny Peralta or Everth Cabrera, get your backup plan ready.
- Padres OF Carlos Quentin won't play tonight after "tweaking" his right knee on Tuesday.
See you back here tomorrow morning.