As a former Colorado resident, I can tell you that the weather there is generally much nicer than people think. Unfortunately, it comes with weird things like the occasional April snowout.
Who's off: Twins, Royals, A's, Angels, Astros, Nationals, Dodgers, Padres
First pitch: The Giants and Brewers begin the National League Day at 1:10 p.m. ET, while American League action starts at 3:40 with Tigers-Mariners.
Interleague DH issues: Lance Berkman has another day of pinch hitting scheduled if the Rangers and Cubs can get their game in. The forecast doesn't look good.
Streaming starters: Bartolo Colon helped raise our record to 7-7 with a strong outing against the Astros. Jhoulys Chacin was our pick for today, but the weather issues have pushed him back a day, so let's take a chance on Cleveland's underrated Zach McAllister (owned in 2.2 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the Red Sox. Friday's selection is Pittsburgh's Wandy Rodriguez (11.2 percent owned) versus the Braves.
On to the rest of the news:
- As noted earlier this week, Reds rookie lefty Tony Cingrani will make his first big-league start tonight against the Marlins. Even if Cingrani pitches well, temper your expectations. He's not a big "stuff" guy, and not many people seem to think he'll be anything close to an ace, so don't throw a good pitcher overboard to get him. Also, it's the Marlins, for crying out loud. Yes, I know I'm being a wet blanket. On the bright side, I can see the logic of streaming him against the Marlins tonight. FANTASY NEWS Check out the latest
- Speaking of the Marlins, OF Giancarlo Stanton (shoulder) is expected to return tonight after a six-day absence.
- Indians 2B Jason Kipnis is expected to miss one more game with a sore left elbow, with the hopes of returning to the lineup on Friday.
- Padres OF Cameron Maybin is on the DL with a wrist injury, and manager Bud Black says "there's a chance it could be more than a couple of weeks." The Padres went with Chris Denorfia in center field last night, and Will Venable will get some time there as well.
- Need a Maybin replacement? Jon Jay (owned in 12.4 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) is widely available, as are speedy Emilio Bonifacio (6.3 percent owned) and Justin Ruggiano (3.8 percent owned). Venable (1.4 percent owned) and Denorfia (0.9 percent owned) might still be options in your NL-only league.
- Yankees 1B Mark Teixeira (wrist) has been cleared to start swinging a bat, and still hopes to return in early May.
- Nationals manager Davey Johnson thinks 2B Danny Espinosa (hand/wrist) has a 50-50 chance to return to the lineup on Friday.
- You can't rush back spasms, which is why Blue Jays OF Jose Bautista is still day-to-day.
- Dodgers SP Chris Capuano (calf) is on the DL. Ted Lilly is likely to be activated to take Capuano's rotation slot next Wednesday.
- If David Ortiz's rehab game goes well today, he could be back in the Red Sox' lineup on Friday.
- On Wednesday's Fantasy 15 podcast, FanGraphs' Eno Sarris and I discussed Matt Harvey, Anthony Rizzo, Ike Davis, Jose Fernandez and more. Listen now, and please subscribe on iTunes.
fantasy baseball news
and advice on FOXSports.com!
See you back here tomorrow morning.