The biggest news in the world today will be the birth of England's royal baby. If they don't work "Yadier" into that kid's name, I'll be disappointed.
First pitch: Both leagues get underway at 7:05 p.m. ET.
Interleague DH issues: The Dodgers won't need to rest any of their four outfielders - including the recently activated Matt Kemp - as they get the extra batter during their visit to Toronto.
Streaming starters: Felix Doubront was solid against the Yankees on Friday, Corey Kluber was terrific on Saturday before getting removed with a sore hip (he's expected to make his next start), and Tyler Chatwood was good enough on Sunday. We're up to 61-35 for the season.
Today's pick is Arizona's Tyler Skaggs (owned in 1.3 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) versus the Cubs, while Tuesday's selection is Tony Cingrani (16.1 percent owned) against the Giants.
On to the news:
- Brad Ziegler got another save on Sunday for the Diamondbacks, and managerKirk Gibson said after the game that while Ziegler is the closer for now, he could get work in the seventh or eighth inning if necessary. Grab Ziegler (1 percent owned) if you can, but don't get too attached.
- Rex Brothers got Sunday's save for the Rockies, as usual closer Rafael Betancourt had an appendectomy on Friday and is on the DL. The Rockies' website says Betancourt could be back in 2-3 weeks, so Brothers appears to be a solid short-term saves option.
- Braves OF Jason Heyward is expected to return to the lineup tonight after missing six consecutive games with a strained hamstring.
- Alex Rodriguez (quad) will not be in the Yankee lineup tonight as hoped. His estimated return date is now somewhere between next week and never.
- The Cardinals placed OF Matt Holliday (hamstring) on the DL, but he might come back as soon as Saturday.
- Melky Cabrera (knee) has come off the DL for the Blue Jays. Hopefully, his second half won't be as disappointing as his first.
- Red Sox RP Andrew Bailey is done for the rest of this season, and part of 2014. Koji Uehara's grip on the closer role is tighter now, even if the Sox make a move for a reliever before the trade deadline.
- Rays SS Yunel Escobar (hamstring) will avoid a DL stint, but his status for tonight is TBD.
- Matt Garza is expected to start tonight for the Cubs. AL-only owners waiting for a possible Garza trade will need to be patient until the weekend.
- The Astros have called up Jonathan Villar (.278 BA, 8 HR, 31 SB, .786 OPS at Triple A) to be their everyday shortstop. Villar should be targeted in AL-only leagues, but it's a little early to count on his bat in any mixed formats unless the free-agent pickings are slim.
- The Twins started rookie Chris Colabello (.354 BA, 24 HR at Triple A this season) at DH on Friday and Saturday. He should get a decent amount of playing time, AL-only leaguers.
- A's OF Yoenis Cespedes missed three games over the weekend with a sore left wrist, and his status for tonight is up in the air.
- The Padres have placed SP Jason Marquis (elbow) on the DL.
- 1B Paul Konerko will come off the DL today for the White Sox, but 2B Gordon Beckham will probably miss at least a couple days with a strained wrist.
See you back here tomorrow morning.