Did your fantasy ace get pummeled on Sunday? So did everyone else's.
Who's off today: Blue Jays, White Sox, Tigers, A's, Angels, Nationals, Dodgers, Padres
First pitch: The O's and Red Sox get the AL day going at 2:05 p.m. ET, while the Brewers and Cubs have a 2:20 start at Wrigley.
Interleague DH issues: None
Streaming starters: Dan Straily shut down the hapless Astros on Friday, but teammate Bartolo Colon was just OK despite getting the win on Saturday. Jason Hammel's similarly so-so Sunday outing has our record at 4-3 for the season. Today we'll go after the Astros again with Seattle's Joe Saunders (owned in 1.3 percent of FOXSports.com leagues), and follow up with the Cubs' Travis Wood (2.7 percent owned) against the undermanned Brewers on Tuesday.
On to the news:
- The Cubs have made their inevitable closer change official on Sunday, replacing the struggling Carlos Marmol with Kyuji Fujikawa. Did you grab Fujikawa last week like we told you to? Apparently not, since he's still available in 83.4 percent of FOXSports.com leagues. Check your free-agent pool ASAP to see if you can still get him.
- Did you see that Braves 1B Freddie Freeman (oblique) was placed on the DL Friday? He's apparently not happy about the move.
- The Royals say that Greg Holland is still their closer after getting yanked during Sunday's ninth inning (he had blown a save on Saturday). Don't panic yet if you own Holland, but know that fireballing Kelvin Herrera looms as a threat.
- For now, the Brewers will keep the struggling John Axford at closer. After his latest bad outing on Sunday, Axford owns a 20.25 ERA with four home runs allowed in three appearances. You might want to start buying stock in potential replacement Jim Henderson (0.9 percent owned).
- In other Brewers' news, OF Ryan Braun (neck) and SS Jean Segura (quad) are day-to-day, while 3B Aramis Ramirez (knee) is on the DL with a sprained knee. Braun hasn't played since Wednesday, and while he was in the on-deck circle late in Sunday's game, it was as a decoy. Manager Ron Roenicke said after the game that Braun "couldn't swing."
- Rangers SP Yu Darvish left Sunday's game after five innings because of a blister on his right ring finger. Darvish seems to think he'll be ready for his next start, but stay tuned.
- Angels SP Jered Weaver left Sunday's game with a strained left - LEFT! - elbow. X-rays were negative, but Halos Heaven is worried that Weaver might need a DL stint anyway.
- A's OF Josh Reddick is day-to-day with a sprained right wrist. Remember that the A's are off today.
- The White Sox figure to start Adam Dunn in left field on Wednesday or Thursday - or both - when they visit the Nats in Washington. Be prepared, Dayan Viciedo owners.
- Nats 1B Adam LaRoche (back) hopes to return to the lineup on Tuesday.
- Marlins' rookie SP Jose Fernandez was impressive in his first start. Remember that he's still 20 years old - there will be many bumps in the road.
- Speaking of young pitchers, Cleveland's Trevor Bauer walked seven batters on Saturday. If you saw Bauer pitch last season, this shouldn't be a surprise.
- Orioles OF Nolan Reimold left Sunday's game with a hamstring injury. His status is TBD.
- The D-backs are tentatively targeting a Friday return from the DL for OF Cody Ross (calf).
See you back here tomorrow morning.