Through last night's game, Mike Trout is batting .340 with 25 home runs, 74 RBI, 101 runs scored and 41 stolen bases in 106 games. If you own Trout, you have to be contending for a fantasy title, right? Maybe not - when Cecil Fielder burst onto the scene with 51 home runs in 1990, I picked him in the 10th round of an AL-only draft and finished 10th, anyway. I should have fired myself the day after the season ended.
Seven shutout innings from Chris Tillman raised the streaming starter record to 83-53 for the season. Today's pick is Mets rookie Matt Harvey (owned in 20.7 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the Phillies, and Thursday's selection is Milwaukee's Mike Fiers (31.8 percent owned) against the Cubs at Wrigley.
On to the news:
- Dodgers OF Matt Kemp left Tuesday's game shortly after crashing into the center field wall. Kemp was scheduled to have an MRI on his knee last night, along with a CT scan on his jaw. Stay tuned for more news on Kemp, and don't expect him to play tonight. Rookie Moises Sierra, who has 19 homers and eight stolen bases between Triple A and the majors this season, should play just about every day in Bautista's play.
- Jose Bautista's wrist will need surgery next week, and he's done for the season.
- There are three afternoon games on today's schedule beginning with Blue Jays-Yankees at 1:05 p.m. ET. Set your lineups accordingly.
- Cardinals C Yadier Molina left Wednesday's game after this nasty collision at home plate. Molina is day-to-day with aches and soreness in multiple places, but there's apparently no concussion and no broken bones.
- Reds 1B Joey Votto played in a rehab game last night, and is still targeting a weekend return.
- Alfredo Acevesblew a two-inning save last night, and was in for that long because Andrew Bailey had pitched in four of the previous five games. Bailey is owned in 26.4 percent of FOXSports.com leagues, and is the guy to get here.
- Astros SS Jed Lowrie (knee) is eyeing a September return from the DL.
- The White Sox have made some rotation adjustments, putting Gavin Floyd (elbow) on the DL and pushing Jake Peavy back to Friday. Rookie Dylan Axelrod will start today, and could be an AL-only option if you're a little bit desperate.
- Stephen Strasburg got knocked around last night. He's done - they should totally shut him down.
- Look for Doug Fister to start on Friday for the Tigers after having his last start skipped due to a groin injury.
- Jeff Niemann will come off the DL to start for the Rays on Saturday, pushing ace David Price to Sunday.
- A's OF Coco Crisp missed Tuesday's game, and is day-to-day after fouling a ball off hit foot on Monday.
- Twins OF Denard Span is day-to-day with a sore collarbone.
- Rockies SS Troy Tulowitzki is hitting well on his rehab assignment, but if you read his quotes here, he doesn't sound ready to return this weekend as previously hoped.
- Zach Stewart (3.94 ERA at Triple A this season) will start tonight for the Red Sox. Remember in the beginning of the season, when they had too many pitchers?
- Joe Saunders will make his Orioles debut tonight against the White Sox. I'm not a big Saunders fan, but the way the O's have been going, he'll probably throw a shutout.
- Does anyone want to help me start a Cy Young write-in campaign for Kris Medlen. Check out his latest start - wow.
See you back here tomorrow morning.