So - for real this time - today appears to be the day when the Biogenesis suspensions will be announced. Your trio of primary fantasy worries for the remainder for 2013 are Rangers OF Nelson Cruz, Tigers SS Jhonny Peralta and Padres SS Everth Cabrera (Alex Rodriguez, who is scheduled to return form the DL tonight, is expected to appeal any suspension). Some replacement suggestions are as follows:
Outfielders: B.J. Upton (owned in 49.1 percent of FOXSports.com leagues), Daniel Nava (41.3 percent owned), Michael Morse (39.3 percent owned), Michael Brantley (25.9 percent owned), Colby Rasmus (18.9 percent owned), Leonys Martin (7.7 percent owned) and Eric Young Jr. (3.2 percent owned)
Shortstops: Erick Aybar (44.3 percent owned), Nick Franklin (25.5 percent owned), Brian Dozier (7.2 percent owned), Stephen Drew (3.3 percent owned) and the slumping but speedy Jonathan Villar (0.4 percent owned)
First pitch: Both leagues start up at 7:05 p.m. ET.
Interleague DH issues: None.
Streaming starters: Samuel Deduno was pretty good on Friday, Tyson Ross was solid in a loss on Saturday, and Rick Porcello continued his solid stretch of pitching on Sunday. We're up to 70-40 for the season.
Today's pick is Jose Quintana (10.9 percent owned) versus the southpaw-averse Yankees, while Tuesday's selection is Edwin Jackson (4.7 percent owned) at Philly.
On to the rest of the news:
- Hanley Ramirez's status is uncertain due to a jammed right shoulder suffered on Sunday. The Dodgers reportedly don't believe that the shoulder is dislocated, and he'll have an MRI today. Stay tuned.
- In other Dodger news, OF Yasiel Puig is expected to return tonight or tomorrow after bruising his left thumb on Saturday.
- Look for Tigers 3B Miguel Cabrera (abdominal strain) to return tonight after a four-game absence from the starting lineup.
- Before the weekend, the Mariners announced that they'd start using a closer committee. Then Danny Farquhar - who was recommended in last Friday's edition of Free Agent Frenzy - got saves on Saturday and Sunday. Farquhar is owned in 0.4 percent of FOXSports.com leagues, and has whiffed 53 batters in 35 1/3 innings. Here's an interesting article on Farquhar by Mariners watcher Dave Cameron of FanGraphs. I picked up Farquhar in a league this morning, and suggest you do the same. Tom Wilhelmsen owners can probably stop waiting for him to get straightened out.
- It's possible that Eric Young Jr. will move to second base as a result of David Wright's hamstring strain. Wright is expected to miss about a month.
- Royals C Salvador Perez is on the seven-day concussion DL. Backup George Kottaras will probably assume most of Perez's playing time.
- Rockies OF Carlos Gonzalez returned to the lineup on Sunday, but has apparently altered his grip on the bat to protect his sprained right middle finger, and might get some extra days off against lefties. I don't like the sound of this.
- Stop me if you've heard this before: Derek Jeter might be DL-bound, this time with a calf strain. We should know more later today.
- Look for Nationals SP Taylor Jordan to be shut down after four more starts.
- Rangers SP Colby Lewis is expected to make at least one more rehab start before being activated. Teammate Matt Harrison is probably three starts away.
- Rays OF Desmond Jennings missed Sunday's game due to a sprained finger, but doesn't think he needs a DL trip.
- The Padres hope to have OF Carlos Quentin back in the lineup on Tuesday.
- It doesn't sound like the Pirates are planning to shut down rookie SP Gerrit Cole anytime soon, if at all.
- Phillies OF Domonic Brown is on track to come off the concussion DL on Wednesday.
- The Brewers hope to activate 3B Aramis Ramirez during their current road trip.
- Royals OF David Lough is day-to-day with a quad injury.
- The Cubs have placed 3B Luis Valbuena on the DL with an oblique strain. NL-only owners can check out Valbuena's real-life replacement, journeyman Cody Ransom.
See you back here tomorrow morning.