Very impressive, Zack Wheeler. That's some nasty stuff you've got.
First pitch: The Dodgers and Yankees play the first game of their doubleheader at 1:05 p.m. ET.
Interleague DH issues: The Dodgers, Rockies and Brewers are all in AL parks. The Brewers DH'd Aramis Ramirez on Tuesday, and started Yuniesky Betancourt at third base.
Streaming starters: My man Jordan Lyles' latest strong start raised our record to 44-23. Today's pick is Detroit's Rick Porcello (owned in 18.5 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) versus the Orioles, while Thursday's selection is Tommy Hanson (6.7 percent owned) against the Mariners.
On to the news:
- The Braves have placed rookie slugger Evan Gattis on the DL with a strained oblique. From now on, when you see the word "oblique" next to a player's name, start searching the wire for a replacement.
- Red Sox SP Clay Buchholz (neck) has finally been placed on the DL, but he seems to be doing well and could make his next start as soon as Tuesday. In other news from Boston, C Ryan Lavarnway has been called up to replace David Ross, who is on the seven-day concussion DL.
- Here's an update from the Yankees, who placed 1B Mark Teixeira (wrist) on the DL, and might never again write 1B/3B Kevin Youkilis' (back surgery) name on a lineup card. No, I'm not being overly dramatic - Youkilis has a one-year contract.
- The Mets have acquired Eric Young Jr., who was recently designated for assignment from the Rockies. Why should you care about a guy who was DFA'd? Because, as MetsBlog notes, Young is likely to play center field and bat leadoff for the Mets, and he's really fast. You want stolen bases in your deep mixed or NL-only league? Grab Young now, because the upside is significant.
- Catcher Carlos Ruiz was back in the Phillies' lineup Tuesday after a four-week absence.
- Rangers 1B Jeff Baker is on the DL with a sprained thumb that was caused by a teammate's high five. Seriously.
- As discussed on Tuesday's Fantasy 15 podcast, Nationals 2B Danny Espinosa might stay in the minors when his rehab stint is over.
- Blue Jays SP Brandon Morrow (forearm) has had a setback in his rehab. Ugh.
- Padres SS Everth Cabrera (hamstring) is expected to go on the DL today.
- Mike Scioscia says he expects speedy OF Peter Bourjos to start stealing a lot of bases? Me too!
- The Indians recalled 3B Lonnie Chisenhall from Triple A and put him into the lineup last night. Chisenhall hit very well in the minors, and is worth a look in deeper mixed leagues.
- Is George Brett's tutelage helping Royals 1B Eric Hosmer? Let's see a few more home runs before we get excited.
- Can you believe Astros 3B Matt Dominguez has 10 homers? Me neither.
- Not bad, Nathan Eovaldi. You might not be under the radar for too long.
- Roy Oswalt will start Thursday for the Rockies. Remember when that would have been exciting news? He's only an option - and not a great one - in NL-only formats.
See you back here tomorrow morning.