I can't un-see this Vine of Jose Canseco dancing in a Speedo. Now, neither can you.
First pitch: The Tigers and Blue Jays get the AL day started at 1:07 p.m. ET, while NL action begins at 7:05 with Brewers-Nationals.
Interleague DH issues: None.
Streaming starters: Ricky Nolasco got pounded on Friday and Eric Stults suffered the same fate on Saturday, but Nate Eovaldi salvaged the weekend with six shutout innings on Sunday. We're 50-30 for the season.
Today's pick is the Mets' inconsistent Shaun Marcum (owned in 23.3 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) versus the Diamondbacks, while Tuesday's selection is Minnesota's Samuel Deduno (1.3 percent owned) against the hapless Yankees.
On to the news:
- The Nationals will reactivate Bryce Harper in time for tonight's game. I'll bet you a dollar he hits a home run.
- Rays SP David Price will start Tuesday after spending a month and a half on the DL with a triceps injury. Activate Price this week if you own him.
- The Royals finally called up Johnny Giavotella, and he rewarded the move with three hits on Sunday. Giavotella was batting .289 with seven homers and seven steals at Triple A - he's not a bad target for deeper mixed leagues and AL-onlys. Just remember that the Royals have given him chances before, and his leash hasn't been long.
- However, if the Royals decide to deal for Chase Utley, forget anything I said about Giavotella. That's just speculation on my part, based on a Sunday radio discussion with Craig Mish of SiriusXM Fantasy Sports.
- Dammit! Angels OF Peter Bourjos is headed back to the DL for a few weeks with a broken right wrist. The speedy J.B. Shuck will get most of Bourjos' at bats, and can be considered in AL-only leagues.
- The Mets talked a bit on Saturday about limiting Matt Harvey's innings, probably to something in the 215-220 range. If you own Harvey, this means that you might be without Harvey for a few September starts, see him skipped occasionally, and possibly have him get extended rest surrounding the All-Star break. Don't worry, but keep it in mind.
- The Padres hope to get SS Everth Cabrera back from the DL during their Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday series with the Red Sox.
- Do you care that the Royals DFA'd Jeff Francoeur? I hope not.
- The D-backs have reactivated J.J. Putz, who is expected to reclaim his role as the team's closer.
- In Astros' news, OF Justin Maxwell is on the seven-day concussion DL, while 1B Carlos Pena is expected to miss Monday's game due to a death in the family.
- Brett Lawrie's rehab assignment might last until the All-Star break.
- Lance Berkman's latest knee injury hasn't required a DL stint - yet.
- Looking for the next big thing? Here's U.S.S. Mariner's take on Taijuan Walker's Triple-A debut.
- A's SP Jarrod Parker will throw a bullpen session on Tuesday to test out his injured hamstring. After that, we should know the status of his scheduled Thursday start.
- Ryan Braun will test his injured hand by swinging a bat on Tuesday. Keep your fingers crossed.
- The Rockies probably won't decide until tomorrow if OF Dexter Fowler (hand) needs a DL stint. Plan to bench Fowler in weekly leagues, just to be on the safe side.
- Look for Reds SP Johnny Cueto to miss a month or so with a re-injured lat muscle.
See you back here tomorrow morning.