Yasiel Puig had three more hits last night, including a home run. Does anyone else think that after games, he assumes the superhero identity of El Cubano and travels around Los Angeles fighting crime? The guy can pretty much do anything, right?
First pitch: Both leagues have 7:05 p.m. ET starts.
Interleague DH issues: A half-dozen NL teams will add DHs in AL parks (Matt Adams alert!), but the only squad on the other side of that situation is the Twins, who will be in Miami for two games. Look for Ryan Doumit to get some outfield time.
Streaming starters: Eric Stults' strong outing raised our record to 47-26. Today's pick is Seattle's Joe Saunders (owned in 2 percent of FOXSports.com leagues, 2.53 home ERA) versus the Pirates, while Wednesday's selection is John Lackey (15.5 percent owned) against the Rockies.
On to the news:
- Nationals OF Bryce Harper (knee) is scheduled to begin a rehab assignment tonight, and if all goes well he could be reactivated in less than a week.
- The Blue Jays will activate SS Jose Reyes on Wednesday.
- Expecting Padres 2B Jedd Gyorko to come off the DL tonight? Not so fast. He'll make a couple of rehab appearances first, so this weekend is the new target.
- Rays' ace David Price might be just one more rehab start away from coming off the DL. The return date of teammate Alex Cobb (concussion) is still uncertain.
- Giants OF Angel Pagan will undergo hamstring surgery today, and might be done for the season. Ouch.
- Diamondbacks 2B Aaron Hill (broken hand) will return from the DL tonight following a two-month absence.
- Uh-oh, Dylan Bundy owners. He's had another setback.
- The Astros have sent SS Marwin Gonzalez to the minors. Remember when he got off to a hot start, and everyone wanted to grab him off the wire? Those were the days.
- You know that the Royals activated speedy OF Jarrod Dyson over the weekend, right? Ned Yost LOVES Dyson, so he'll play quite a bit.
- Indians SS Asdrubal Cabrera and closer Chris Perez both appear very close to coming off the DL.
- Angels OF Peter Bourjos won't need a DL stint, but he's still day-to-day with a bruised thumb.
- Should the Mariners promote SS prospect Brad Miller? Dave Cameron of U.S.S. Mariner thinks so. Miller is batting .314 with 11 homers and six stolen bases in the minors this season.
See you back here tomorrow morning.