Can someone from Cleveland read this article and let me know if Indians closer Chris Perez is really this big of an a-hole? Thanks.
First pitch: The A's and Reds get underway at 12:35 p.m. ET.
Interleague DH issues: The A's, Orioles and Rays lose their DHs again tonight. I wonder if the Rays will get Luke Scott back in the lineup.
Streaming starters: Edwin Jackson got knocked around on Tuesday, dropping our record to 71-41. Today's pick is Hector Santiago (owned in 5.3 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the hapless Yankees, while Thursday's selection is Dillon Gee (5.8 percent owned) versus the Rockies.
On to the rest of the news:
- Surprising Indians SP Corey Kluber is on the DL with a sprained right middle finger, and could be out for the rest of the season. Too bad - he was having a really nice year.
- Braves OF Jason Heyward is day-to-day after leaving Tuesday's game with a strained neck muscle. He'll probably get today off.
- Hanley Ramirez is still day-to-day, but it doesn't sound like the Dodgers are too worried about him.
- The Mets plan to use a closer committee with Bobby Parnell on the DL. Parnell's herniated disc has a range of possible outcomes, from minimum DL stay to surgery. As for the committee, LaTroy Hawkins got Tuesday's save, but probably won't keep the job. David Aardsma, Gonzalez Germen and Carlos Torres are possibilities, but picking one now to succeed would be a guess.
- Rockies OF Carlos Gonzalez (finger) was out again last night, and is getting closer to a DL stint.
- Royals lefthander Danny Duffy, who had Tommy John surgery last season, finally returns to the mound for them tonight. Duffy had a 3.86 ERA while rehabbing in the minors, with 77 strikeouts against 27 walks in 63 innings.
- Colby Lewis' pitching arm is better, but he needs season-ending hip surgery. Oh, well.
- Stop me if you've heard this before: Padres OF Carlos Quentin (knee) is probably headed to the DL.
- The Giants are hoping to get OF Angel Pagan (hamstring) back by early September. Pagan has been out since May 25.
- The Phillies moved Darin Ruf to right field last night. Did you know that Ruf has a .960 OPS in 24 games? Sure, he has a .412 BABIP, but he's pretty good anyway.
- The Phils also had Dom Brown back in their lineup. Start him if you've got him.
- The A's plan to shift C John Jaso to the 15-day DL. It doesn't sound like he'll be back anytime soon.
- The Twins hope to get OF Josh Willingham back from the DL on Friday. Speaking of the Twins, SS Brian Dozier hit his 10th homer last night, and he has eight steals as well. Not bad, right?
- Brewers SP Marco Estrada (hamstring) will start tonight after a two-month absence.
- Ernesto Frieri had another rough outing last night, but it's not like the Angels have anyone good to replace him.
- Speedy Astros SS Jonathan Villar is day-to-day with a sprained left thumb.
See you back here tomorrow morning.