Not sure if you read the story about Red Sox 1B Mike Napoli leaving tickets for a porn star in San Francisco, but the best line in it was from Nats manager Davey Johnson. Johnson was asked on a radio show if his players could date porn stars, and he replied, "None of my guys could 'cause we can't score."
First pitch: The D-backs and Reds get the NL started at 12:35 p.m. ET, while the Jays and Yanks begin the AL day 30 minutes later. There are five afternoon games on the schedule, so set your lineups early.
Interleague DH issues: None.
Streaming starters: Did I really recommend Jake Arrieta? Well, he stunk, so we're down to 79-48 for the season. Today's pick is Jose Quintana (owned in 14.8 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) versus the Royals in Kansas City, while Friday's selection is Toronto's red-hot Todd Redmond (0.7 percent owned) at Houston. Quintana has a 3.43 ERA over his last 10 starts for the White Sox, with 59 strikeouts against 18 walks in 63 innings.
On to the rest of the news:
- Braves OF Jason Heyward broke his jaw when he got hit by a pitch on Wednesday, and is expected to miss 4-6 weeks. With that timetable, you can waive Heyward anytime. Look for Jordan Schafer to assume Heyward's leadoff role, and grab him if you need speed.
- Tommy Hunter got last night's save for the Orioles, and was the third pitcher to appear in the ninth inning (following Darren O'Day and Brian Matusz). O's manager Buck Showalter suggested after the game that he was trying to stay away from closer Jim Johnson to give him some rest, but also said, "Jimmy's our best option, one of them, and I'm glad we've got more than one good option." Confused? Me too, but remember that Hunter didn't start the ninth inning. Johnson hasn't been officially replaced yet.
- Mike Trout (hamstring) missed another game Wednesday. The Angels are off today, but Trout still hasn't been able to run the bases. Stay tuned.
- For now, Travis Blackley is the Rangers' fifth starter. That doesn't mean you should own him.
- Giants 3B Pablo Sandoval (sore back) should be back in the lineup today.
- Roy Halladay gets another rehab start on Sunday. After that, he could be ready.
- A's OF Josh Reddick could be DL-bound with a sprained wrist.
- So, Cardinals closer Ed Mujica is pitching through a shoulder issue, huh? Hmm ...
- The Royals waived IF Elliot Johnson. So much for those AL-only steals. With the Braves - who claimed him - he'll play less.
- Astros C Max Stassi's status is TBD after getting hit in the face by a pitch.
- The Reds might bring up speedy OF prospect Billy Hamilton in September. but unless you're in an NL-only league, you can't be going after a pinch runner.
- I'll be in the FOXSports.com fantasy chat room today at 2 p.m. ET talking fantasy football. If you have baseball questions, hit me on Facebook or Twitter.
See you back here tomorrow morning.