Mets ace Matt Harvey will try a 6-8 week throwing program in an attempt to rehab his right elbow without Tommy John surgery. My fingers are crossed for you, Met fans.
First pitch: The Twins and White Sox get AL action underway at 2:10 p.m. ET, while the NL day begins with a trio of 7:05 games.
Interleague DH issues: The Reds mixed things up last night, inserting Xavier Paul at DH and Dennard Robinson in left field against Astros' righty Jordan Lyles. Paul could play again tonight, but Robinson probably won't, so Ryan Ludwick might get another DH appearance.
Streaming starters: Sonny Gray was pretty good on Tuesday, but Corey Kluber wasn't, so we're 97-58 for the season. Today's pick is Indians' rookie Danny Salazar (owned in 8.7 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) at Kansas City, while Thursday's selection is Ubaldo Jimenez (35.4 percent owned) versus the Astros.
On to the rest of the news:
- Blue Jays 1B Edwin Encarnacion has been shut down for the season due to an aching left wrist that will require surgery soon. Encarnacion's real-life replacement, Adam Lind, is owned in 12.5 percent of FOXSports.com leagues, and could help as a fantasy fill-in. So could Matt Adams (6.4 percent owned) and Darin Ruf (5.1 percent owned). AL-only owners might take a flier on Minnesota's Chris Parmelee (0.2 percent owned).
- Starling Marte (hand) finally rejoined the Pirates' lineup last night, and will attempt to play through pain for the rest of the season. Manager Clint Hurdle installed Marte in the leadoff spot, but said of the speedster's hitting, "I have no idea how this is going to go." Marte is owned in 48.7 percent of FOXSports.com leagues, and I grabbed him this morning.
- The Astros have shut down C Jason Castro (knee) for the season.
- Mets 3B David Wright is hoping to return to the lineup this weekend, but his timetable is very uncertain. Teammate Travis d'Arnaud left Tuesday's game after taking a foul tip off his arm, and manager Terry Collins said, "He'll be fine in a couple of days, I'd think."
- Giants 2B Marco Scutaro (finger) might be done for the season.
- Here's an article on surprising Nats' rookie Tanner Roark (17.4 percent owned), who has allowed two earned runs over 19 innings in three starts.
- Victor Martinez will catch Thursday for the Tigers. It'll be his third appearance of the season behind the plate, and that probably doesn't help you.
- Phillies SP Kyle Kendrick (shoulder) will be skipped tonight.
- Mike Trout is pretty good.
- Rockies 3B Nolan Arenado (thumb) "may be down for a few days," according to manager Walt Weiss. Teammate Dexter Fowler (knee) made a pinch-hitting appearance last night, but it doesn't sound like he's quite ready to be in the lineup.
- Red Sox 3B Will Middlebrooks (flu) will probably return to the lineup today.
See you back here tomorrow morning.