Hanley Ramirez played third base in his Dodger debut on Wednesday, but the team's website says he could still wind up at shortstop. Be patient with Ramirez's positional eligibility.
Homer Bailey's latest strong game raised our streaming starter record to 60-41 for the season. Today's choice is Baltimore's Chris Tillman (owned In 3.2 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the Rays at 12:35 p.m. ET, while Friday's selection is Milwaukee's still-surprising Mike Fiers (25.3 percent owned) against the Nationals.
On to the news:
- Blue Jays C J.P. Arencibia is expected to miss at least six weeks after breaking his right hand last night. Weak-hitting Jeff Mathis (.198 career BA) becomes the Jays' starter, while the interesting Yan Gomes (11 homers, .976 OPS at Triple A this season) becomes the backup. I'd like to get my hands on Gomes in an AL-only league.
- Speaking of the Blue Jays, Ricky Romero is officially dead to me after last night's debacle. I really thought he was going to break out this season.
- The Pirates have called up OF prospect Starling Marte, who was batting .286 with 12 homers, 61 RBI, 64 runs and 21 stolen bases at Triple A. Marte is expected to lead off tonight, and with that power and speed I'd give him a try in any fantasy format. Alex Presley appears likely to lose much of his playing time in the wake of Marte's arrival.
- The Giants expect to know by Friday if 3B Pablo Sandoval (hamstring) will need a trip to the DL.
- We should know more about Alex Rodriguez's recovery timetable later today. Stay tuned.
- Evan Longoria will begin a rehab assignment today, with an eye on DHing - at least temporarily - when he returns to the Rays. Ryan Roberts, who homered in his Rays' debut on Wednesday, might get more playing time than we thought.
- Albert Pujols (elbow) got the day off Wednesday, but the Angels think he'll be ready to go on Friday.
- Reminder: Brewers C Jonathan Lucroy is due to come off the DL today.
- Francisco Cordero blew his second straight save for the Astros last night. There's not a clearly defined successor, but I think it's time to start picking up Wilton Lopez in many leagues.
- Mets SP Matt Harvey makes his big-league debut tonight at Arizona. In case you've forgotten, rookie pitchers are dangerous.
- The Braves will skip Jair Jurrjens' next turn in the rotation. That'll happen when you have a 7.04 ERA.
- Speaking of skipping, the Angels will skip Ervin Santana on Friday, and then bring him back for a "maximum 15-out start" next week, according to the Los Angeles Times. Who wants to be he doesn't get to 15 outs?
- The Marlins stole seven bases in their first post-Hanley game last night, including two by the previously non-speedy 3B Donovan Solano. Let's keep an eye on the Marlins' activity on the basepaths, OK?
- Tim Lincecum, still not getting any better.
- Remember that if there's a notable trade in MLB between now and Tuesday's deadline, the fantasy impact can be found at this link.
See you back here tomorrow morning.