Saw 42 last night. Pretty good, but I'd like to read the more complete story about Jackie Robinson - honestly, I only know the basics. Tweet me with book suggestions if you have them.
First pitch: Both leagues begin play at 7:05 p.m. ET-ish tonight, and around 1:05 on Saturday and Sunday. FOX's Saturday coverage begins at 2:30, leading into Twins-White Sox, Tigers-Angels and Nats-Mets.
Interleague DH issues: The Dodgers are in Baltimore, where Ramon Hernandez will likely DH tonight, and one of the outfielders (Matt Kemp, Carl Crawford, Andre Ethier) figures to get a day off from playing the field on Saturday and/or Sunday.
Streaming starters: Zach McAllister was just OK on Thursday, dropping our record to 7-8. Tonight's selection is Pittsburgh's Wandy Rodriguez (owned in 11.3 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) versus the Braves. Saturday's pick is Cincinnati's Bronson Arroyo (8.6 percent owned) against the Marlins, and Sunday's choice is Milwaukee's Wily Peralta (0.5 percent owned) against the Cubs.
On to the rest of the news:
- Yankees SS Derek Jeter has a fracture in his surgically repaired ankle and will be out until at least the All-Star break. If you own Jeter, you've already got a replacement, but this development gives Jeter's real-life stand-in, Eduardo Nunez (1.4 percent owned), more sustained value. Grab Nunez if you need some steals, and hope that he doesn't make enough errors to lose the job. He hasn't been a butcher so far, but there's still time. FANTASY NEWS Check out the latest
- Look for DH David Ortiz to be back in the Red Sox lineup tonight. Struggling rookie Jackie Bradley Jr. has been sent to the minors to make room for Ortiz on the roster. I bet we'll see Bradley again this summer.
- Blue Jays SP R.A. Dickey pitched well last night, but was removed after six innings because of neck and back tightness. Dickey doesn't seem to think it's serious, but stay tuned.
- Is everyone excited about the Stephen Strasburg-Matt Harvey matchup at CitiField tonight? I'd be really fired up if I wasn't in the Nationals' MLB blackout territory.
- Speaking of the Mets, catching prospect Travis d'Arnaud suffered a fractured bone in his left foot on Wednesday. We should learn more about his recovery timetable this weekend.
- Remember how good Mike Fiers was last season? After one bad start and a couple of skipped turns, the Brewers have sent him to the minors.
- Ed Mujica (3.2 percent owned) got a save for the Cardinals last night. Andrew Bailey (21.5 percent owned) got one for the Red Sox. If you're playing the short-term closer free agent game, go get one of these guys, but don't get too attached.
- Not a bad first start for Reds SP Tony Cingrani. Remember: It was the Marlins.
- The Marlins have placed SS Adeiny Hechavarria (elbow) on the DL.
- The Astros sent Brett Wallace to the minors already? I guess that'll happen when you start the season with 17 strikeouts in 24 at bats.
- The Phillies have dropped OF Ben Revere to the seventh spot in the batting order. That won't hurt his SB totals as much as the eighth spot would, but it's not a great development for his chances to score runs.
- In other Phillies' news, keep an eye on Domonic Brown's day-to-day status, as he didn't start last night due to back soreness.
- White Sox OF Dayan Viciedo left last night's game with an oblique strain. Viciedo doesn't seem to think it's serious, but players always say that about oblique strains, and they always seem to end up on the DL. There's your expert medical opinion for today.
- Braves 1B Freddie Freeman will play rehab games in Charlotte tonight and tomorrow, with an eye toward a Monday return from the DL. Should I buy tickets to watch Freeman, or go to my daughter's gymnastics practice and then try to get a pirated feed of Nats-Mets? Hmm ...
fantasy baseball news
and advice on FOXSports.com!
See you back here Monday morning.