Man, the Blue Jays are on fire. I'm going to be really bummed out if the Yankees finish last in the AL East.
First pitch: The Indians and Orioles begin the AL day at 7:05 p.m. ET, while both NL games (Phillies-Padres, Giants-Dodgers) have 10:10 starts.
Interleague DH issues: None.
Streaming starters: Ricky Nolasco was just so-so on Friday, the equally mediocre Corey Kluber was saved by a win on Saturday, and Andrew Cashner had a strong outing on Sunday. We're now 46-26 for the season.
Can we find any options on today's four-game schedule? Sure, as the steady Eric Stults (owned in 28.3 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) has a PETCO start tonight versus the Phillies. Tuesday's pick is Seattle's Joe Saunders (1.8 percent owned) - who loves his home park - versus the Pirates.
On to the news:
- Blue Jays SS Jose Reyes is expected to come off the DL this week, but when? The team's website says that Reyes will play another Triple-A game on Monday, and GM Alex Anthopoulos suggested (but didn't promise) a Thursday return in a radio interview. I'm going to activate Reyes in two leagues, but they're both deep (AL-only and 15-team mixed), and my alternatives are pretty bad. If you have a question about your Reyes situation, send me a tweet.
- Welcome back to the GIants' lineup, Pablo Sandoval!
- In case you missed it, the Tigers have designated Jose Valverde for assignment, and are hoping to send him to Triple-A Toledo (if he clears waivers and accepts the demotion). For now, Joaquin Benoit is still the most-of-the-time closer for the Tigers. FANTASY NEWS Check out the latest
- Nationals SP Dan Haren is headed to the DL with shoulder stiffness, while teammate Bryce Harper hopes to play in a rehab game later this week.
- The Dodgers expect to activate OF Matt Kemp (hamstring) sometime this week.
- Congratulations to Francisco Rodriguez, who got his 300th career save on Saturday. The word last week was that K-Rod would hand the closer's job back to Jim Henderson once the milestone was reached, but as far as I can tell, the Brewers haven't announced anything yet, and Henderson pitched in a non-closing situation on Sunday. Hold K-Rod for now if you own him.
- In other Brewers' news, the amazing Carlos Gomez is day-to-day with a sprained shoulder.
- Jedd Gyorko owners should look for him to come off the DL on Tuesday.
- The Twins' Twitter feed says that Kyle Gibson will be promoted to start on Saturday. Gibson has a 3.11 with a 1.14 WHIP and 79 strikeouts versus 28 walks in 92 2/3 innings at Triple A, and is a well-regarded prospect. AL-only owners should grab him, and he's a deep mixed league option as well.
- Angels OF Peter Bourjos is day-to-day with a thumb injury; he'll see a specialist today. In other Angels' news, the Los Angeles Times reports that the team "is growing resigned to the likelihood that Ryan Madson will not pitch this season." Ugh.
- And in even more bad Angels' news, SP Jason Vargas is expected to miss 4-6 weeks with a blood clot in his arm. It's a good thing that team signed Josh Hamilton ... oops, no it's not.
- My man Craig Gentry is on the DL with a broken hand? Boooo!
- So, Mariners OF Franklin Gutierrez came off the 60-day DL over the weekend, and left his second game due to a tight hamstring? They should just put him in a plastic bubble.
- Look for Indians closer Chris Perez to come off the DL after one more rehab appearance.
- Look for Elliott Johnson to get most the Royals' starts at second base in the wake of Chris Getz' demotion. Johnson isn't great, but he can steal bases for your AL-only squad.
- Red Sox OF Shane Victorino left Sunday's game with a tight lower back. Stay tuned.
fantasy baseball news
and advice on FOXSports.com!
See you back here tomorrow morning.