Nice catch to end last night's game, Carlos Gomez. I'll give it a 7 out of 10.
First pitch: Both leagues get started at 7:05 p.m. ET.
Interleague DH issues: The A's, Angels and Astros visit NL parks tonight. Look for Mark Trumbo to move to the outfield for the Angels (in place of J.B. Shuck), and the Astros to sit either Carlos Pena or Brett Wallace. The A's benched Seth Smith against lefty Jeff Locke on Monday, but tonight Chris Young appears likely to get a rest.
Streaming starters: Hector Santiago wasn't quite good enough last night, so we're down to 53-34 for the season. Tonight's selection is San Diego's Eric Stults (owned in 13.8 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the Rockies at PETCO, while Wednesday's choice is the inconsistent Rick Porcello (5.2 percent owned) against the White Sox.
On to the news:
- Matt Kemp is back on the DL with a left shoulder injury. This doesn't sound like a long-term issue ... except that it's already been a long-term issue. Stash Kemp on your DL, and hope for the best when he returns (probably July 21).
- Kemp's teammate, SP Stephen Fife, is on the DL with shoulder inflammation.
- Knee surgery will keep Phillies 1B Ryan Howard out for 6-8 weeks. I'd make a joke about Howard's terrible contract, but I already saw 2,000 of them on Twitter yesterday.
- The Brewers activated OF Ryan Braun from the DL Monday, but placed 3B Aramis Ramirez (knee) on it. According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Braun is expected to start tonight, but get a day off tomorrow. They're being cautious with him, and you need to do the same if you own him in a daily lineup league.
- It sounds like the Mariners are finally going to call up Erasmo Ramirez to start on Thursday against the Red Sox. Ramirez is owned in 1.5 percent of FOXSports.com leagues, and grabbing him now in AL-only leagues and deep mixed formats is advised. He'll be a regular streamer around here for awhile.
- Rockies OF Carlos Gonzalez (finger) missed Monday's game, and is day-to-day. Teammate Roy Oswalt (hamstring) is on the DL.
- Mets ace Matt Harvey is pitching with a blister on his right index finger, and might have his next start skipped. The bet here is that you'll next see Harvey throwing the first pitch of the MLB All-Star Game, LIVE next Tuesday on FOX.
- Things are still going well in Derek Jeter's rehab. I'd like to wager a dollar that he'll be in the Yankee lineup on Friday versus the Twins.
- Four hits last night for Twins OF Aaron Hicks. He's getting better.
- Tough break for the Red Sox, who have lost lefty RP Andrew Miller (foot) for the season.
- The Braves hope to get Evan Gattis back from the DL shortly after the All-Star break.
See you back here tomorrow morning.