It sounds like Major League Baseball is almost ready to suspend Ryan Braun, Alex Rodriguez and the rest of Team Biogenesis for PED violations. Without positive tests available, and with appeals certain to be filed, I'll believe the suspensions are real when I see them enforced. Stay tuned.
First pitch: Braves-Marlins starts the NL schedule at 12:40 p.m. ET, while the AL gets underway at 7:05. There are three afternoon games, so set your lineups early!
Interleague DH issues: Once again, the A's, Angels and Astros visit NL parks tonight.
Streaming starters: Eric Stults was terrific in a complete-game win on Tuesday, raising our record to 54-34. Today's choice is Rick Porcello (5.2 percent owned) against the White Sox, while Thursday's selection is struggling Dodger Chris Capuano (1.3 percent owned) versus the Rockies. Thursday's schedule doesn't have a lot of options, so hopefully Capuano will shake the two-game slump that had him ticketed for the bullpen before Stephen Fife's shoulder injury.
On to the news:
- Brett Lawrie, who is expected to come off the DL for the Blue Jays any day now, played second base at Triple A last night, when he hit a homer and stole a base. Second base was Lawrie position while he was coming up through the minors, and the Jays might be ready to give him another chance there since their current options (Emilio Bonifacio, Maicer Izturis) aren't hitting. The Jays' website reports that the shift "keeps the club's options open." Keep an eye on this, as a handful of games at the keystone would boost Lawrie's fantasy value.
- Carlos Gonzalez (finger) was out of the Rockies' lineup again last night, and is still day-to-day. Dexter Fowler (hand) is still hoping for a Thursday return from the DL. FANTASY NEWS Check out the latest
- The Tigers have placed 2B Omar Infante (ankle) on the DL.
- The Giants have signed OF Jeff Francoeur, who will get some time in left field, and could be worth a look in NL-only leagues. The Giants would be smart to resist the temptation to play Francoeur every day, and instead platoon him with speedy Kensuke Tanaka, who had 20 stolen bases at Triple A before getting promoted this week.
- Finally! The Diamondbacks activated OF Adam Eaton yesterday, and put him into the leadoff spot. Eaton is owned in 5.6 percent of FOXSports.com leagues, and is a good option if you need speed. He swiped 46 bases between the minors and majors last season.
- With the Orioles suddenly flush with starters, Kevin Gausman and Zach Britton have been sent to the minors. Gausman will be fine in the long term, but don't expect much this season.
- The Red Sox recalled Jackie Bradley Jr. to bolster their banged-up outfield, and he hit a homer last night. He should play while Jacoby Ellsbury spends a day or two recovering from a wrist injury.
- Boy, was my colleague Adam Meyer right about Ubaldo Jimenez's good matchups against the Blue Jays last night. Six shutout innings from one of fantasy baseball's biggest teases.
- Mets SP Shaun Marcum (shoulder) appears done for the season.
- Pirates 2B Neil Walker (oblique) is on the DL.
- Prospect note: The Mariners are shutting down SP Danny Hultzen for 10 days due to shoulder issues. Hopefully there won't be any more bad news.
fantasy baseball news
and advice on FOXSports.com!
See you back here tomorrow morning.