Who was baseball's - and fantasy baseball's - best player in June?
- Player A: .436 BA, 7 HR, 16 RBI, 19 R, 4 SB, .467 OBP, .713 SLG
- Player B: .419 BA, 4 HR, 25 RBI, 17 R, 9 SB, .517 OBP, .699 SLG
Pretty close, right? But we hear a lot more about the first guy (Yasiel Puig) than we do about the second (Jason Kipnis).
First pitch: No day games - both leagues get underway shortly after 7 p.m. ET.
Interleague DH issues: The Padres, Cubs and Cardinals will add bats in AL parks.
Streaming starters: Shaun Marcum's mediocre outing dropped us to 50-30 for the season. Today's pick is Minnesota's Samuel Deduno (owned in 1.9 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the weak-hitting Yankees, while Wednesday's choice is Nats' lefty Ross Detwiler (5.7 percent owned) versus the Brewers.
On to the news:
- Rays 3B Evan Longoria missed another game Monday due to his foot injury (plantar fascitis), but the team doesn't think he'll need a DL stint. Manager Joe Maddon called Longoria's status "truly day-to-day." Stay tuned.
- Diamondbacks SP Trevor Cahill is on the DL with a bruised left hip. Rookie Tyler Skaggs might take Cahill's rotation slot.
- Alex Rodriguez begins a minor-league rehab assignment today. Memo to my A-Rod-hating Yankee fan friends: Have you seen the lineups they've been using? He'll help, even if he's not what he used to be.
- Here's an article about Johnny Giavotella's "last chance" in Kansas City. Did I mention that I picked up Giavotella in three leagues (two AL-only, one 15-team mixed) this week?
- The Dodgers are trying to trade for Carlos Marmol? Seriously?
- As a result of some rain delay-related juggling, Kyle Lohse will make his next start on Wednesday for the Brewers.
- Twins OF Josh Willingham will have an MRI today on his nagging injured knee, and in my non-expert medical opinion, a DL stint seems likely. They're going to have to bring Aaron Hicks back up even if he's struggling, right?
- Tigers SP Anibal Sanchez got hit in the leg by a line drive during a Monday rehab start, but the injury doesn't sound serious. Per the team's website, look for Sanchez to make one more rehab appearance before returning to Detroit.
- The Blue Jays held 1B Edwin Encarnacion (hamstring) and DH Adam Lind (back) out of Monday's lineup, but neither player figures to need a DL stint. Be cautious about starting them today in daily lineup leagues, though.
See you back here tomorrow morning.