Scheduling note: Starting this week, I'll be posting fantasy football blog entries in this space on Tuesdays and Fridays. On those days, the football posts will be up by 8 a.m. ET, with baseball posts following by noon at the latest.
First pitch: The White Sox and Yankees start the AL day at 1:05 p.m. ET, while two NL games begin five minutes later. Thirteen of today's 15 games are in the afternoon, so set your lineups early.
Interleague DH issues: Look for Adam Lind to get some bench time while the Blue Jays are in Arizona this week.
Today's pick is my man Danny Duffy (owned in 4.9 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) versus the Marines, while Tuesday's selection is Anaheim's Jason Vargas (10.8 percent owned) against the Rays.
On to the rest of the news:
- Miguel Cabrera (abdominal strain) was out of the lineup on Saturday and Sunday, and the Tigers - while encouraged by his progress - aren't sure when he'll be ready to play. In a weekly league, I'd probably start Cabrera and hope for the best. If you set your lineup daily, keep an eye out for the lineup card (the Tigers play at 1:35 today).
- Rockies OF Carlos Gonzalez (finger) is hoping to come off the DL to play on Tuesday.
- Rangers SS Elvis Andrus (lower back tightness) isn't expected to play today, but the issue doesn't sound too serious.
- The Twins' website says "there's a chance" that C Joe Mauer (concussion) will return to the lineup by Friday, but that sounds unlikely. Keep Mauer benched in weekly leagues.
- Taijuan Wakler's MLB debut was very good. He'll start again at Kansas City on Wednesday. In other Mariners' news, C Mike Zunino will come off the DL to play today.
- Slumping Dodgers OF Matt Kemp will continue his rehab assignment through today ... at least.
- Michael Young's role with the Dodgers is unclear, but you shouldn't expect him to play every day.
- It sounds like Mets 1B Ike Davis (oblique) is done for the season. Look for Lucas Duda to get plenty of time in Davis' place.
- Rays' lefty Matt Moore (elbow) will come off the DL to start Tuesday at Anaheim.
- FYI, after Justin Morneau got traded to the Pirates, power-hitting Chris Colabello played first base for the Twins on Saturday and Sunday. Colabello has 28 homers between Triple A and the majors this season, but has struck out a ridiculous 40 times in 121 plate appearances. How badly does your AL-only squad need power?
- Padres 1B Yonder Alonso is expected to miss 7-10 days with a hand injury.
- Ernesto Frieri saved games on Saturday and Sunday for the Angels, with Sunday's performance (whiffing four of the five batters he faced) being especially impressive. Frieri is still available in 44.2 percent of FOXSports.com leagues, so grab him if you can.
- Despite the headline above this article, it sounds like the Reds have called up Billy Hamilton to be a pinch runner. Unless the pickings are slim in your NL-only free-agent pool, you don't need to be thinking about pinch runners, even ones that have 75 stolen bases this season.
- The Red Sox hope that OFs Jacoby Ellsbury (thumb) and Shane Victorino (hip) will be ready to go today after leaving Sunday's game early.
See you back here tomorrow morning.