The Astros scored 16 runs last night. In related news, a pig just flew by my window while a solar eclipse occurred, and hell froze over at 1:23 a.m.
First pitch: The Blue Jays and Tigers have another 1:08 p.m. ET start, while the Reds and Cardinals get the NL day started at 1:45.
Interleague DH issues: The White Sox' website says that Adam Dunn "will probably get a chance in left field either Wednesday or Thursday" against the Nationals. Sorry for the uncertainty, but you'll need to watch for the lineup posting later today if you own Dunn of left fielder Dayan Viciedo.
Streaming starters: Travis Wood was pretty good last night against the Brewers, raising our record to 5-3. Today's selection is Seattle's Blake Beavan (owned in 0.7 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the suddenly fearsome Astros, while Thursday's pick from a limited schedule is the Cubs' Carlos Villanueva (3.9 percent owned) against the Brewers. Villanueva pitched well against the Braves on Saturday, and has a pretty good K rate.
On to the news:
- The Cardinals said Tuesday that RP Jason Motte will rest for three more weeks, and if his elbow doesn't improve by May 1, he'll be scheduled for Tommy John surgery and miss the season. Mitchell Boggs is currently the Cards' closer, and manager Mike Matheny mentioned Fernando Salas' name as a possibility if roles change. However, the chips at this table are all in on Trevor Rosenthal and his nasty, bat-missing arsenal. Rosenthal is owned in just 1.9 percent of FOXSports.com leagues, so get him while you still can. FANTASY NEWS Check out the latest
- As for Motte, stash him on your DL if you have one, but if you have a roster crunch, I wouldn't blame you if you cut him.
- Angels ace Jered Weaver will miss 4-6 weeks with a broken left elbow. Joel Beall took a look at the fantasy impact.
- The Padres are hoping that 3B Chase Headley (thumb) can return by the end of April.
- New role, same John Axford.
- Chase Utley has three stolen bases already? Until his inevitable DL trip, he'll be helpful.
- White Sox 2B Gordon Beckham will miss tonight's game and possibly more with a wrist injury. Conor Gillaspie will replace Beckham in the lineup tonight, playing third base while Jeff Keppinger moves to the keystone.
- Human target Carlos Quentin left Tuesday's game after being hit in the right forearm by a pitch. X-rays were negative, but Quentin's status is TBD. Quentin has been hit by pitches 115 times in his career, which works out to about once every six games.
- Derek Jeter ran on Tuesday. Woo-hoo! Seriously, his return still appears at least a few weeks away.
- See you in 2014, Jeff Niemann.
- Tim Lincecum ... oof. Eleven walks in 11 innings is bad, right?
- A's OF Josh Reddick (wrist) probably won't be back in the lineup before Friday. Teammate Scott Sizemore sprained his knee on Tuesday, and could be headed for the DL.
- Cubs 2B Darwin Barney (knee) hopes to make his 2013 debut next Tuesday.
- Have you subscribed yet to our Fantasy 15 podcast? On Tuesday's episode, Ryan Fowler and I discussed Matt Harvey, Roy Halladay and more. You can also listen to it on FOXSports.com. A new episode will be posted later today.
fantasy baseball news
and advice on FOXSports.com!
See you back here tomorrow morning.