I'll make my weekly appearance in the FOXSports.com fantasy chat room today at 2 p.m. ET. Send your questions!
Dillon Gee's fine outing raised our streaming starter record to 39-23 for the season. Today's pick is Homer Bailey (owned in 13.1 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the Pirates, while Wednesday's selection is San Diego's Clayton Richard (0.9 percent owned) against the Giants at PETCO. Check out this week's Free Agent Frenzy for some background on why you should keep Richard on your radar.
On to the news:
- Hector Noesi will start on Wednesday for the Padres, taking Felix Hernandez's spot in the rotation. Hernandez's back issues appear to be improving, but the M's are holding him back as a precaution. The date of his next start is unclear, but a trip to the DL isn't likely at the moment.
- In other Mariners' news, Tom Wilhelmsen got last night's save. Wilhelmsen is the reliever to target in Seattle following the recent demotion of Brandon League. He's still owned in just one percent of FOXSports.com leagues.
- The Red Sox are expected to decide today is 2B Dustin Pedroia (thumb) will go on the DL.
- Padres closer Huston Street will come off the DL today. Activate Street if you have him.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy hinted that the team might wait until next Tuesday to activate 3B Pablo Sandoval from the DL. He also hinted that he's not happy with Sandoval's weight.
- Jeremy Affeldt got Monday's save - a two-inning effort - for the Giants because closer Santiago Casilla was still resting his bruised leg. Casilla's availability is a day-to-day proposition.
- Orioles OF Adam Jones should play tonight after having MRIs on both his wrists Monday. The tests didn't show anything troubling.
- A's OF Yoenis Cespedes left Monday's game after suffering a minor knee injury, but it sounds like he'll play tonight.
- Twins catcher Joe Mauer is day-to-day with a sprained right thumb. The Twins also placed SP Carl Pavano on the DL due to a shoulder injury, and Nick Blackburn will replace him in the rotation. If you're reading this and own Pavano, I'm very, very sorry.
- I don't think the Cubs would really bench SS Starlin Castro for an extended length of time, but manager Dale Sveum floated the possibility after Castro had a brain fart on Monday.
- A Rockies' catcher hit his ninth homer last night? No way!
- Is it time for a Hank Conger sighting in Anaheim? We should know later today, as Bobby Wilson was knocked a little woozy last night by a foul ball off the mask.
- Johan Santana will make his next start on Friday. Santana was pushed back a couple of days after throwing 134 pitches in his no-hitter last Friday. Speaking of the no-hitter, are the New York tabloids really having a hissy fit about this headline?
- Chase Utley went 3-for-4 with a home run in an extended spring training game on Monday, but is still "weeks away" from returning to the lineup, according to Philly.com.
- Did a hitting tip from manager Eric Wedge point Mariners 1B Justin Smoak in the right direction? Smoak has 10 homers and his batting average is up to .240 (from a low of .173), so he's a viable pickup in any format. He's owned in 16 percent of FOXSports.com leagues.
- This article wonders if speedy Quintin Berry could be the Tigers' everyday left fielder even after Austin Jackson comes off the DL, but let's keep in mind that Berry has struck out 17 times in 51 at bats so far. He can't continue to hit for a good batting average with that kind of K rate.
- If you're wondering why Nationals 3B Ryan Zimmerman has been so bad, know that he's wondering the same thing.
See you back here tomorrow morning.
Check out more Fantasy Baseball News and Notes.