Jason Grilli is tied for the major league lead with 11 saves. He was ranked among your top 10 closers, right? Top 15? Top 20?
Who's off: Yankees, Twins, Indians, A's, Mariners, Mets, Reds, Pirates, Giants, Dodgers, Rockies, Diamondbacks
First pitch: The Rays and Royals get the AL schedule underway at 2:10 p.m. ET, while the Padres and Cubs start the NL action in Wrigley at 2:20.
Interleague DH issues: None.
Streaming starters: Andrew Cashner wasn't so good last night, so the record drops to 15-13. Today's pick is Philly's Kyle Kendrick (34.4 percent owned) versus the horrible Marlins, while Friday's selection is Mike Leake (2 percent owned) against the Cubs. Also, as I noted on Wednesday's Fantasy 15 podcast, I picked up Phillies' rookie Jonathan Pettibone (0.2 percent owned) for Friday in the FOX Sports Experts League as part of an anybody-against-the-Marlins strategy. You don't have to join me, but I'm giving it a try.
On to the news:
- Nationals OF Bryce Harper left Wednesday's game after appearing to injure his left side while checking a swing. It turns out that Harper originally suffered a bruise to the same spot when he crashed into the outfield wall on Tuesday night. The Nats don't seem to think the injury is serious, but Harper might get tonight's game off even if he doesn't want to.
- The A's placed OF Coco Crisp (hamstring) and SP Brett Anderson (ankle) on the DL. Congratulations to all those who had May 1 in the "When will Anderson go on the DL?" pool. Dan Straily will again (still?) replace Anderson in the rotation, while the A's have plenty of outfielders - assuming that Chris Young's quad injury is a short-termer - to cover Crisp's absence.
- Blue Jays SPs R.A. Dickey (neck) and Josh Johnson (triceps) are on track to make their respective starts this weekend. I get the sense that some of you are getting impatient with Dickey. Don't sell him for 50 cents on the dollar, OK? If his neck gets better, he'll snap out of this funk.
- The Brewers expect to get 3B Aramis Ramirez back from the DL on Friday, and will shift slugger Yuniesky Betancourt to regular duty at first base.
- The Tigers have sent rookie reliever Bruce Rondon back to the minors.
- The Red Sox hope to get OF Shane Victorino back in the lineup on Friday, but the DL is still a possibility.
- Cubs SP Matt Garza (lat) might be two rehab starts away from his 2013 debut.
- The Rockies are targeting a Sunday return for 1B Todd Helton.
- Marlins SS Adeiny Hechavarria will return from the DL this weekend. That lineup is going to be loaded!
- Trevor Bauer shut out the Phillies over five innings last night, giving up just one hit and ... six walks. Ugh.
- The Yankees acquired 2B/3B Chris Nelson from the Rockies, and he'll serve as a utility infielder. He's probably not even useful in AL-only formats.
- The Pirates will probably get SP Francisco Liriano back from the DL within 10 days. Let's all agree not to pick up Liriano if he throws five scoreless innings in his first game. We know that won't end well, right?
- Tim Lincecum ... nope.
- Why is closer Edward Mujica pitching so well for the Cardinals? Maybe it's his split-finger changeup.
- I'll host my weekly fantasy baseball chat today at 2 p.m. ET. Stop by, OK?
See you back here tomorrow morning.