Another day, another walkoff win for the Orioles. Ho-hum.
Minnesota's Liam Hendriks wasn't terrible last night, but he wasn't too good, so the streaming starter record is down to 96-56 for the season. The weekend selections are Andrew Cashner (owned in 5.4 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the Rockies tonight at PETCO, Philly's Kyle Kendrick (26.3 percent owned) at Houston on Saturday, and Mike Minor (18.5 percent owned) versus the Nats on Sunday.
On to the rest of the news:
- Ivan Nova, who has missed the last few weeks with a shoulder injury, will be back on the mound Saturday for the Yankees. Nova was getting battered before going on the DL in late August, but it's possible that his poor performance was because of the shoulder. Also, Nova pitches against the Rays this weekend, and since they can't hit, starting him on your fantasy squad might not be a bad idea.
- In other Yankee rotation news, Andy Pettitte will start Tuesday for the first time since fracturing his ankle on June 27. I'd like to see Pettitte pitch well once before taking a chance on him.
- Twins C Joe Mauer missed his third straight game last night due to back spasms. As an occasional sufferer of back spasms, my expert insight is that they go away when they go away. Try getting that kind of detailed analysis on WebMD.
- Jason Hammel's knee MRI didn't show anything bad, but his return date is uncertain, and the Orioles' website reports that he'll rest and strengthen the knee "for the next several days." Cut Hammel if you have him.
- Rangers OF Josh Hamilton (knee) didn't play last night, but he's expected to be in the lineup tonight. 3B Adrian Beltre (shoulder) made a surprise DH appearance, so he's fine.
- The Pirates and Cubs play a 2:20 p.m. ET matinee at Wrigley today. Set your lineups accordingly.
- Thanks to Thursday's rainout, the White Sox will start Chris Sale tonight at Minnesota, and skip Francisco Liriano's turn in the rotation.
- Lance Lynn was pretty good last night, huh? Redemption!
- Astros SP Bud Norris will have his rotation turn skipped due to a blister issue. Instead of pitching tonight, he's slated to go again next Thursday.
- Royals OF Lorenzo Cain left Thursday's game with a strained hamstring. The injury doesn't sound serious, but hamstrings can be annoying for fast guys.
- The Indians aren't sure when SS Asdrubal Cabrera (wrist) will be back in the lineup. Cabrera missed his fourth consecutive game on Thursday.
- A's OF Yoenis Cespedes is day-to-day after spraining his wrist last night. It doesn't sound serious.
- In other A's news, Brett Anderson is apparently human after all.
- Reminder: David Price will be back on the mound tonight for the Rays after having his last start skipped due to shoulder soreness. Price reportedly will not be on a pitch count, so start him if you have him.
- I'll be doing a brief weekly podcast through the end of the regular season to help you prepare for weekends. Here's the first edition. It's about five minutes long, and guaranteed to win all sorts of industry awards!
See you back here Monday morning.