Joey Votto walked FIVE times last night. Please discuss.
First pitch: Both leagues have games starting shortly after 7 p.m. ET.
Interleague DH issues: The Red Sox reportedly plan to start David Ortiz at first base in one of their two games at Coors Field.
Streaming starters: Jose Quintana had another nice game last night, further proved me wrong for underrating him during draft season, and raised our record to 102-59. Today's selection is Tyson Ross (owned in 6.2 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the Diamondbacks, and Wednesday's pick is Indians' rookie Danny Salazar (6.5 percent owned) versus the White Sox.
On to the rest of the news, which includes many shutdowns:
- Yankees SP CC Sabathia has been shut down for the season due to a hamstring strain. I think I speak for most of CC's fantasy owners when I say good riddance to him and his 4.78 ERA.
- Ditto for Roy Halladay and his 6.82 ERA. Halladay left last night's start after 16 pitches, and is done for the season.
- Orioles 3B Manny Machado will have an MRI today on his injured knee, but don't expect to see him for the rest of the week.
- Joe Mauer's official concussion-related shutdown isn't a surprise to you, right?
- Trevor Rosenthal saved last night's game for the Cardinals. I think I touted Rosenthal as a 40-save guy when Jason Motte got hurt, and he's only got 39 to go.
- In other Cardinals' news, OF Matt Holliday was a late scratch Monday due to his back issues. His return is TBD, but remember that the Cardinals are looking pretty good in the NL Central. They might err on the side of caution with Holliday.
- A's OF Yoenis Cespedes (shoulder) is expected to return to the lineup tonight as the DH.
- The Rockies sound like they're ready to shut down OF Dexter Fowler (knee). Fowler has been limited to pinch-hitting duty since September 6.
- This Brewers' update has OF Khris Davis (wrist) getting today off before returning tomorrow, and SS Jean Segura (hamstring) possibly being ready to contribute off the bench by Wednesday, with his weekend status TBD.
- Hey, I thought Starling Marte's hand was too much of an issue for him to hit well. How did he hit a pinch-homer to clinch a playoff berth for the Pirates?
- Padres OF Will Venable (abdominal issue) might be done for the season.
- Rays OF Desmond Jennings is day-to-day with a tight hamstring.
- Tigers SS Jose Iglesias (hand) missed another game on Monday. Iglesias can't grip a bat yet, so it might be a couple more days.
- After a three-game rest, White Sox DH Adam Dunn is expected to play tonight.
See you back here tomorrow morning.