Nine of MLB's 10 playoff teams have been determined, with the Cardinals leading the Dodgers by two games for the final NL wildcard spot. The Nationals and Tigers clinched division titles last night, so watch for days off if you own any of their players. Except Miguel Cabrera, who's going to get every chance to win the Triple Crown.
Alex Cobb's latest strong outing raised our streaming starter record to 106-63 for the season. Today's pick is Seattle's Hisashi Iwakuma (owned in 7.4 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the recently-eliminated Angels. If you need a backup option, Kevin Correia (9.3 percent owned) might not be a bad choice against the Braves, who have nothing to play for. Wednesday's selection is Travis Wood (6.3 percent owned) versus the Astros.
On to the news:
- Red Sox 2B Dustin Pedroia has shut it down for the season because of a broken finger. Speedy Pedro Ciriaco played in Pedroia's place on Monday, and figures to do so in the final two games.
- Phillies SS Jimmy Rollins missed Monday's game with a calf injury, and his status for Tuesday/Wednesday is TBD.
- Royals 1B Eric Hosmer (rotator cuff) and 3B Mike Moustakas (groin) are both probably done for the season.
- If you had a pitcher start last night - like CC Sabathia, Felix Hernandez, etc. - you can waive him now as long as your league rules allow it.
- You can stop waiting for Troy Tulowitzki now. He's probably not going to play for the Rockies this week, though this story on the team's website isn't exactly definitive.
- The Yankees have changed tonight's starting pitcher, opting for David Phelps instead of Ivan Nova.
- The Blue Jays hope that DH Edwin Encarnacion (trapezius muscle) will be able to play today and/or tomorrow.
- With the Tigers having clinched, SP Max Scherzer might make an abbreviated appearance on Wednesday.
- The Padres have shut down rookie SP Casey Kelly, and will start Anthony Bass in his place tonight against the Brewers.
- The Twins will sit a worn-down Justin Morneau for the season's final games, though he might make a pinch-hitting appearance.
- Does it make you feel better about C.J. Wilson's horrible second half to know that he's been pitching with bone spurs in his elbow? No? OK.
- Marlins SP Josh Johnson has been shut down with a minor hamstring injury after being scheduled to pitch Monday. Remember when we all worried about drafting Johnson because we didn't think he'd stay healthy? Johnson made 31 starts, posting an 8-14 record with a 3.81 ERA and a 1.28 WHIP. If his velocity can creep back up just a little bit next season, he could be really interesting again.
- Orioles OF Chris Davis is having a strong finish, with homers in five consecutive games. If you need power, Davis is available in 59.4 percent of FOXSports.com leagues, and eligible at 1B/3B/OF.
- Braves 2B Dan Uggla missed Monday's game with a swollen hand. Remember that since the Braves have nothing to play for, they could opt to give Uggla an extra day to recover.
See you back here tomorrow morning.