You want to see a bad baseball play? THIS is a bad baseball play.
First pitch: The Pirates and Reds get the NL schedule underway at 12:35 p.m. ET, while the White Sox and Twins begin the AL day at 1:10.
Interleague DH issues: The Brewers are again in Houston, where they're mixing and matching DHs this week.
Streaming starters: Thanks to the inconsistent Rick Porcello for getting shelled and dropping our record to 44-24. Today's pick is the rebounding Tommy Hanson (owned in 8 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the Mariners, while Friday's selection is Miami's Ricky Nolasco (7.7 percent owned) on the road in San Francisco.
On to the news:
- Phillies 2B Chase Utley (oblique) began a rehab assignment Wednesday, and could be activated as soon as this weekend.
- Josh Hamilton was dropped to seventh in the Angels' batting order last night. It didn't help. FANTASY NEWS Check out the latest
- Remember when Indians closer Chris Perez said he'd be activated from the DL on Friday? He'll have to wait a few more days.
- Diamondbacks SP Trevor Cahill left Wednesday's game early after getting hit in the right hip by a line drive. It's probably nothing to worry about.
- Holy cow, Chris Davis. You're never going to stop hitting a ton, are you?
- As expected, Eric Young Jr.played center field and batted leadoff for the Mets last night, and should see plenty of time in that role. No steals ... yet.
- Through Wednesday's game, Diamondbacks OF Gerardo Parra has stolen six bases and been caught nine times. Doesn't the manager have to give him the red light at some point?
- Three more hits for Eric Hosmer. Hmm ...
- Brewers OF Norichika Aoki is on paternity leave, and should be back in the lineup on Friday.
- This Giants' update notes that 3B Pablo Sandoval and OF Angel Pagan could come off the DL very soon. Pagan is eyeing a weekend return, while Sandoval is probably looking at Monday.
- Padres 2B Jedd Gyorko might be reactivated early next week.
- Rays SP David Price (triceps) will make a rehab start Friday, and figures to return in "a few weeks," according to the team's website.
- The Blue Jays have won eight games in a row. SS Jose Reyes could return as early as Monday, and 3B Brett Lawrie has resumed baseball activities as he rehabs from a sprained ankle. All is well in Toronto, except for the whole mayor-smoking-crack thing.
- Speaking of resuming baseball activities, Nationals OF Bryce Harper (knee) will do that over the next couple of days. 2B Danny Espinosa has been activated from the DL and optioned to Triple A.
- Listen to Wednesday's Fantasy 15 podcast, with SiriusXM Fantasy host Craig Mish and me. We talked about Zack Wheeler, Jordan Lyles and some buy-low candidates.
- It's chat day! I'll see you in the FOXSports.com fantasy chat room at 2 p.m. ET.
fantasy baseball news
and advice on FOXSports.com!
See you back here tomorrow morning.