A blown save, Mariano Rivera? That's not supposed to happen
First pitch: The Brewers and Cubs have a 2:20 p.m. ET matinee at Wrigley, while while AL action begins with a few games at 7:05.
Interleague DH issues: The Mets gain a DH in Cleveland Zzz.....
Streaming starters: Sonny Gray's impressive Thursday start raised our record to 89-53. The weekend selections are Zack Wheeler (owned in 33.6 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) at Cleveland tonight, Tyson Ross (6.3 percent owned) versus the Rockies on Saturday, and Danny Salazar (4.8 percent owned) against the Mets on Sunday.
On to the rest of the news:
- X-rays confirmed a fracture of Buster Posey's right ring finger, according to the Giants’ website. Posey will attempt to play through the injury after it “calms down … hopefully in a couple of days.” If you own Posey, start a replacement in daily leagues until you’re sure he’s back, and have that backup plan ready in case the injury lingers or causes a shutdown.
- Clay Buchholz threw 71 pitches in a rehab start last night, and is tentatively scheduled to rejoin the Red Sox rotation on Tuesday.
- Twins C Joe Mauer is “still experiencing concussion symptoms and is not close to returning to the lineup,” according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. You should move on if you own Mauer, unless you can leave him stashed in a bench spot you don’t need.
- Josh Fields got his third save last night for the Astros. He’s probably the better option in his timeshare with the struggling Chia-Jen Lo.
- In other Astros’ news, the Houston Chronicle reports that C Jason Castro (knee) is hoping to play tonight.
- Enjoy Jose Fernandez’s start tonight, folks. He’s got one more left after this.
- If Johnny Cueto returns to the Reds this season, it might be as a reliever, according to the team’s website. That can’t be what Cueto’s fantasy owners wanted to hear.
Folks – sorry for the abbreviated entry and lack of links today, but I’m having some technical issues. If you have questions about players, lineup choices, etc., please reach out on Twitter (@jhalpin37) or Facebook. Have a great weekend.