Here's a look at the fantasy impact of Monday's two big trades (Tigers-Marlins, Ichiro). As more deals happen, we'll have the fantasy lowdown for you as fast as we can. But not too fast, or we'd have analyzed a Ryan Dempster deal that hasn't quite happened yet.
Even though it came against the Cubs, Erik Bedard's impressive Monday outing raised our streaming starter record to 59-40. Today's pick is Jose Quintana (owned in 27.3 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the Twins, and Wednesday's selection is Cincinnati's improving Homer Bailey (19.3 percent owned) at Houston. Bailey's July ERA is 1.76, with 27 strikeouts against three walks in 30 2/3 innings.
On to the news:
- Rangers SP Colby Lewis is done for the season due to an elbow injury. Rookie Martin Perez will start in Lewis' place tonight, but after that there are many options for Lewis' rotation slot, including Scott Feldman, Neftali Feliz, Alexi Ogando and someone (Zack Greinke?) acquired in a trade. If the Rangers don't make a deal, the bet here is on Ogando.
- In Marlins' news, Hanley Ramirez (hand) is expected to be back in the lineup tonight, while RP Juan Carlos Oviedo (formerly Leo Nunez) appears done for the season due to a sprained elbow ligament. I had thought Oviedo and his new name would factor into the closer mix at some point. Steve Cishek got Monday's save.
- It sounds like Mets 1B/OF Lucas Duda could be on his way to Triple A, and that would suggest more playing time for the moderately interesting Jordany Valdespin. SS Ruben Tejada is likely to get today off after getting spiked in the shin on Monday. Finally, I think I read a little too much about Snooki from Jersey Shore being at last night's game. Mets fans must be proud.
- The Cubs' website reports that SP Matt Garza is expected to be "skipped in the rotation at least one start" due to cramping in his elbow. Garza had been scheduled to pitch on Friday, so don't plan to see him until the middle of next week.
- Rockies C Wilin Rosario should be back in the lineup tonight after missing three games with an ankle injury.
- The Brewers hope to get C Jonathan Lucroy back in the lineup on Thursday. Lucroy (.345 BA, 5 HR) has been out since May 28 due to a broken bone in his hand, and was one of fantasy's best catchers before getting hurt. He's owned in just 28.8 percent of FOXSports.com leagues.
- Twins 3B Trevor Plouffe is still day-to-day due to a jammed thumb. Plouffe hasn't played since Friday, and experienced some pain when taking some swings on Monday.
- Phillies 3B Placido Polanco missed Monday's game due to a sore back. If you haven't already cut Polanco, stay tuned for an update over the next couple of days.
- Padres OF Cameron Maybin missed his sixth straight game on Monday due to a sore right wrist. Manager Bud Black says that Maybin is "headed in the right direction," and since the Pads aren't discussing a DL stint (at least not publicly), look for Maybin to play soon.
- After last night's poor outing, I'm thinking that Roy Halladay might be a buy-low candidate right now. Thoughts?
- Here's an update on how the Cardinals are rotating Allen Craig, Carlos Beltran and Lance Berkman. Berkman has the short straw, which is what we figured when he came off the DL 10 days ago.
- Nationals C Jesus Flores missed another game Monday due to a sore lower back. He's day-to-day, like just about every other player in today's post.
- In other Nats' news, Ian Desmond's injury has resulted in a Roger Bernadina-Tyler Moore outfield platoon, with Bernadina in line to be the busier half.
- I'll be back in the FOXSports.com fantasy baseball chat room today at 2 p.m. ET. Make sure to stop by with your questions!
See you back here tomorrow morning.