If you'd like to see the fantasy analysis from this week's snoozer of a trade deadline, here's the link. Every year on July 31, I sit at my desk and wait for all the trades to roll in. Yesterday, I had a relaxing lunch, called a few friends, wrote some football previews ... what a letdown.
First pitch: The White Sox and Indians start the AL day at 12:05 p.m. ET, while Mets-Marlins gets NL action started at 12:40.
Interleague DH issues: The Diamondbacks, who have been DHing Eric Chavez this week, visit the Rangers.
Streaming starters: A nice outing by Corey Kluber raised our record to 66-40. Today's selection is Ricky Nolasco (24.6 percent owned) at the Cubs, while Friday's pick is Minnesota's Samuel Deduno (3.9 percent owned) versus the Astros. Nolasco has had some control issues lately, but he's allowed more than three earned runs just five times in 22 starts.
On to the rest of the news:
- The Rays have placed SP Matt Moore on the DL due to elbow soreness. Don't freak out, Moore owners. The team doesn't think the injury is serious, and they're hoping Moore can return by August 13.
- Yovani Gallardo's hamstring strain has landed him on the DL. This one probably isn't a long-term issue, either.
- Rockies OF Carlos Gonzalez re-aggravated his finger injury on Tuesday, and will probably rest for a few days. Gonzalez says he's not going on the DL, but it might not be up to him. Have a backup plan ready, CarGo owners.
- Look for Yankees OF Curtis Granderson to come off the DL on Friday.
- Brock Holt! He's the Red Sox' new third baseman, and not an Arrested Development character. Holt doesn't hit much, and he's just a placeholder until the Sox promote either Will Middlebrooks or Xander Bogaerts to take the spot.
- Orioles SP Jason Hammel is on the DL with a flexor mass strain (that's near his elbow). This move made room for Bud Norris in the O's rotation.
- We talked yesterday about Yadier Molina (knee) going to the DL, right? NL-only owners should note that the Cardinals are working to bring in a new catcher - possibly Kelly Shoppach - to fill in for Molina.
- It's been 16 hours since the Astros traded Justin Maxwell, and they still haven't promoted George Springer. BOOOOOOOO!
- The Mariners plan to play Michael Morse at first base sometimes over the remainder of the season. He's played seven games there so far, so watch his eligibility in your league.
- Giants 3B Pablo Sandoval left Wednesday's game with a bruised heel, but he's expected to play tonight.
- The Phillies expect OF Dominic Brown (concussion) to return in "a week or so."
- Cubs SP Edwin Jackson pitched another strong game last night. Jackson has a 1.83 ERA over his last five starts, and is owned in just 4.5 percent of FOXSports.com leagues. I've been waiting for this turnaround, and I think it's for real. Way to go, E-Jax.
- I'll be in the FOXSports.com fantasy chat room today at 2 p.m. ET. Make sure to stop by with questions!
See you back here tomorrow morning.