Hey, Breaking Bad fans: Were you able to sleep after watching last night's episode?
First pitch: 7:05 p.m. ET for the NL, with AL action starting a few minutes later.
Interleague DH issues: The Reds gain the DH in Houston, so Chris Heisey and Ryan Ludwick probably both start.
Streaming starters: Charlie Morton was decent enough on Friday, Ubaldo Jimenez looked strong again on Saturday; and Dillon Gee dominated the Marlins on Sunday. We're up to 95-57 for the season.
Today's pick is A's rookie Sonny Gray (owned in 25.9 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) versus the Angels, while Tuesday's selection is Cleveland's Corey Kluber (9 percent owned) at Kansas City.
Note: Gray might get pushed to Tuesday, as Jarrod Parker was skipped on Sunday due to an illness. In case that happens, you can consider switching to Milwaukee's Wily Peralta (3.2 percent owned) against the Cubs.
On to the rest of the news:
- Johnny Cueto will rejoin the Reds' rotation tonight after missing two-and-a-half months with a strained lat muscle. The good news is that Cueto will face the Astros. The bad news os that he'll be on an unspecified pitch count. Cueto is owned in 70.8 percent of FOXSports.com leagues, and I'd probably start him if I had him.
- It sounds like the entire Dodger outfield is day-to-day. At least Matt Kemp is likely to return tonight. It sounds like SS Hanley Ramirez (back) will be ready to come back as well.
- A's OF Yoenis Cespedes will have an MRI today on his sore right shoulder. Check tonight's lineup card before you start him.
- Alex Rodriguez left last night's game with a calf injury, and his status is TBD.
- Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star reports that the Royals might be ready to promote pitching prospect Yordano Ventura (3.74 ERA, 81 K in 77 IP at Triple A). Since the Royals' rotation is pretty set, Ventura would probably pitch out of the bullpen.
- Giants 2B Marco Scutaro left Sunday's game with a stiff back. The Giants are off today.
- Stephen Strasburg hopes to make his next start on Thursday after getting skipped due to forearm tightness. This issue doesn't sound serious.
- Mariners SS Brad Miller will miss at least a few games due to a hamstring strain.
- The Pirates hope to get OF Starling Marte (hand) back in the lineup early this week. I probably wouldn't activate Marte yet in weekly lineup leagues.
- Dom Brown is finally back for the Phillies. Wooooo!
- There's still no timetable for Joe Mauer's return, though he didn't accompany the Twins on their trip to Chicago.
- Brewers 3B Aramis Ramirez rested Sunday with a bruised left wrist. It sounds like he's day-to-day.
- Jason Castro "doesn't sound like a player ready for game situations," according to the Astros' website.
- Rockies SP Jorge De La Rosa will probably be skipped tonight due to a sore left thumb. His next start is TBD.
See you back here tomorrow with a blog doubleheader of football and baseball posts.