Wednesday's Yankee lineup included Andruw Jones (cleanup), Steve Pearce (sixth), Jayson Nix (seventh) and Chris Stewart (ninth). Even the Astros think that's funny.
Fireballing Matt Harvey pitched well on Wednesday, raising our streaming starter record to 84-53. I apparently had Mike Fiers going on the wrong day in yesterday's blog post, so today's pick changes to Toronto's Carlos Villanueva (owned in 10.8percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the Rays, and Friday's selection is Atlanta's improving Mike Minor (10.6 percent owned) versus the Phillies.
On to the news:
- Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen is out indefinitely due to a recurrence of the irregular heartbeat that required a four-week DL stay in 2011. If Jansen needs to take blood thinners again, he'll likely miss the rest of the season. Ronald Belisario closed Wednesday's game for the Dodgers, but remember that former Mariners closer Brandon League is on the roster, and Javy Guerra will be back from the minors when rosters expand this weekend. I might take a flier on Guerra, since he's had the job before.
- Dodgers OF Matt Kemp is day-to-day after crashing into a wall on Tuesday.
- There are five afternoon games on today's schedule, starting with A's-Indians at 12:05 p.m. ET. Set your lineups accordingly.
- Phillies SP Vance Worley will have season-ending elbow surgery. Rookie Tyler Cloyd, who allowed three runs in six innings against the Mets last night, will take Worley's place in the rotation. Don't expect much from Cloyd, who had a 2.35 ERA at Triple A but whiffed fewer than six batters per nine innings.
- In other Phillies' news, Chase Utley took ground balls at third base before Wednesday's game, with an eye toward possibly playing there in 2013.
- The Reds say they probably won't call up SS prospect Billy Hamilton (154 stolen bases in the minors this season) to play in September. Hamilton was the most popular subject of my chat on Tuesday.
- Remember when Alfredo Aceves was the Red Sox closer? Last night, he entered the game in the eighth inning with his team down seven runs (thanks to @closernews for pointing this out on Twitter). It's pretty clear that Andrew Bailey has taken over.
- Ryan Cook got a save for the A's on Wednesday, but it wasn't a traditional one, so don't assume that he's reclaimed his job.
- Cardinals C Yadier Molina hopes to be back in the lineup tonight or Friday after being run over in Tuesday's game.
- Padres closer Huston Street is targeting a Sunday return from the DL.
- Lucas Duda, recently back from the minors, hit a homer and stole a base for the Mets last night.
- It sounds like Denard Span's recent clavicle injury will nag at him for the rest of the season.
- The Dodgers are worried that SP Chad Billingsley (elbow) might be done for the season.
- The Astros plan to call up 3B Matt Dominguez from the minors today. Dominguez is just an OK hitter - modest power, below-average BA - but since he's viewed as the team's third baseman of the future, he'll probably get plenty of playing time.
- Rockies SS Josh Rutledge had two hits in his return to the lineup on Wednesday. He'll shift to second base when Troy Tulowitzki is ready to play.
- Is it me, or does Joey Votto not sound like he's ready to return to the Reds' lineup on Friday?
See you back here tomorrow morning.