Bad news, prospect watchers: Orioles SP Dylan Bundy will have Tommy John surgery today. Poor kid.
First pitch: Rangers-Yankees and Angels-Tigers both get underway shortly after 1 p.m. ET, while Cubs-Brewers is a 2:10 start.
Interleague DH issues: None.
Streaming starters: John Lackey's big game raised our record to 48-27 for the season. Remember when all the Red Sox fans hated him for the chicken-and-beer-in-the-clubhouse thing?
Today's selection is Colorado's Tyler Chatwood (owned in 13.1 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) versus the Mets, while Friday's pick is Ricky Nolasco (7.8 percent owned), who will probably be an ex-Marlin pretty soon. Let's hope Nolasco goes to another pitcher's park.
On to the news:
- Red Sox SP Clay Buchholz cut short a Wednesday bullpen session because of lingering soreness in his trapezius muscle, and will have an MRI soon. Buchholz doesn't seem to think the problem is too serious, but stay tuned.
- Indians' closer Chris Perez will be reactivated today, and figures to step right into his usual role. Get Perez in your lineup if you have him.
- Yankees 1B Mark Teixeira will have season-ending wrist surgery. The Lyle Overbay Experience continues its engagement in the Bronx.
- The Cardinals started Yadier Molina at first base for an interleague game last night, but you shouldn't expect him to reach a five-game eligibility threshold.
- Reds OF Chris Heisey might be back from the DL, but he doesn't have a full-time job yet.
- Astros OF Justin Maxwell (concussion) appears on target to return to action on Friday.
- Rockies OF Dexter Fowler missed Wednesday's game due to a sore right wrist, and is day-to-day.
- Lefty Danny Duffy, who had Tommy John surgery last year, is closing in on a return to the Royals. AL-only owners can expect plenty of Ks and too many walks from Duffy, who should be good enough to take Luis Mendoza's rotation slot.
- Hanley Ramirez is heating up for the Dodgers. You didn't write him off, did you?
- Angels SP Tommy Hanson (forearm) was scratched from his Wednesday start, and appears headed for the DL.
- The Mets think that Zack Wheeler was tipping his pitches on Tuesday. That's good news for his fantasy owners, since it's a fixable issue.
- Padres 2B Jedd Gyorko left a Wednesday rehab appearance with tightness in his injured groin. His status is TBD, but this appears to be more of an annoying delay than a serious issue.
- David Price had a strong rehab outing yesterday. Look for him to be back on the mound for the Rays next Monday or Tuesday.
- Bryce Harper's rehab continues to go well.
- White Sox 1B Paul Konerko has missed two straight games with a stiff back. The Sox are off today, so hopefully Konerko will return on Friday.
- I'll make my weekly appearance in the FOXSports.com fantasy chat room today at 2 p.m. ET. Take an hour off from work and stop by, OK?
See you back here tomorrow morning.