Max Scherzer is now 10-0 with a 3.08 ERA (27th in MLB), a 0.91 WHIP (fourth) and 116 strikeouts (second). Not bad, eh?
First pitch: Both leagues have doubleheaders - Rays-Red Sox and Mets-Braves - that begin shortly after 1 p.m. ET.
Interleague DH issues: The Dodgers, Rockies and Brewers all visit AL parks tonight.
Streaming starters: Bud Norris' not-quite-good-enough start dropped our record to 43-23. Today's pick is Houston's Jordan Lyles (owned in 5.4 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the depleted Brewers, while Wednesday's selection is Detroit's Rick Porcello (16 percent owned) versus the Orioles.
On to the news:
- The Tigers have placed SP Anibal Sanchez (shoulder) and C Alex Avila (forearm) on the DL, and manager Jim Leyland said he expects both players back in two weeks. Lefty Jose Alvarez (2.78 ERA, 84 K in 81 IP at Triple A) will start in Sanchez's place Thursday, but isn't recommended against the Red Sox.
- It sounds like the Yankees are planning to send 1B Mark Teixeira (wrist) to the DL, and they're worried about Kevin Youkilis' back. Ugh.
- Cardinals SP Shelby Miller left Monday's game after five innings due to leg cramps, but it's nothing to worry about.
- Diamondbacks SP Ian Kennedy has dropped the appeal of his 10-game suspension, and is expected to be back on the mound June 29.
- The Indians are hoping to get 1B Nick Swisher (shoulder) back in the lineup on Friday, but a DL stint is still possible.
- Blue Jays SS Jose Reyes had two hits and scored two runs in his first minor-league rehab start on Monday. Hurry back, Jose!
- Nationals OF Denard Span hopes to play tonight after missing Monday's game with a bruised foot. Teammate Bryce Harper (knee), who received a cortisone shot last week, has been cleared to resume walking and jogging, which will lead to sprinting, which will lead to playing baseball ... and that process should take less time than you think.
- 1B Justin Smoak will probably be recalled by the Mariners soon, and ... zzzzzzz.
- Padres SS Everth Cabrera (hamstring) is expected to miss at least a few more days while the team tries to keep him off the DL. How many fantasy owners out there are crossing their fingers while figuring out ways to replace half their teams' steals?
- It sounds like the Orioles will push Jason Hammel (illness) to Friday, with Zach Britton starting tonight.
- Indians closer Chris Perez hopes to make one more rehab appearance before being reactivated on Friday.
- The Astros will reactivate OF Justin Maxwell today, and have sent Jimmy Paredes back to Triple A.
- Rockies closer Rafael Betancourt (groin) appears to be a week to 10 days away from coming off the DL.
- Tony Cingrani, relief pitcher.
- The Red Sox expect to start Mike Napoli in one of today's games following a weekend missed due to illness.
- Which young starter do you like better in tonight's Marlins-Diamondbacks game: Nate Eovaldi or Randall Delgado? I'll take the former as an NL-only option.
Happy Wil Myers/Zack Wheeler day, everyone! See you back here tomorrow morning.