Here's a recap of Monday night's Cirque du A-Rod in Chicago. Due to other work obligations, I didn't watch a second of it. And for that, I'm grateful.
First pitch: 7:05 p.m. ET in both leagues.
Interleague DH issues: The A's, Rays and Orioles will lose their DHs in NL parks. There's not much to worry about here, as the A's figure to sit Seth Smith, the O's will be without the Henry Urrutia/Steve Pearce combo, and the Rays are already shorthanded with Desmond Jennings on the DL due to a broken finger.
Streaming starters: Jose Quintana had an easy time with the hapless Yankees, raising our record to 71-40. Today's pick is Edwin Jackson (owned in 6.1 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the Phillies, while Wednesday's pick is White Sox' lefty Hector Santiago (4.5 percent owned) versus the Phillies.
On to the rest of the news:
- Josh Fields got Monday's save for the Red Sox. Fields faced four batters in the game and whiffed them all; he's got 11 strikeouts in his last four-and-two thirds innings. After the game, manager Bo Porter didn't make any declarations, but Fields - who has struggled with control this season - has been thought of by many as a potential closer. He's an interesting speculative option in many formats.
- Fields' teammate, rookie SP Brett Oberholtzer, has now thrown seven shutout innings in each of his last two starts. Oberholtzer doesn't have overpowering stuff, but he's a decent prospect with good control. Take a look, AL-only owners.
- Angels 2B Howie Kendrick hopes to miss just a couple of days with a hyperextended knee.
- White Sox OF Dayan Viciedo is day-to-day with a jammed left thumb.
- The Dodgers sounded optimistic on Monday about Hanley Ramirez's jammed shoulder, and we should know more specifics after he has an MRI (presumably today).
- Barring a trade, the Rangers will apparently go with an Engel Beltre/Craig Gentry platoon to replace the suspended Nelson Cruz in their lineup. Both guys bring some speed to the table, and as the lefthanded hitter, Beltre figures to play more than Gentry.
- The Padres plan to use Logan Forsythe in place of the suspended Everth Cabrera at shortstop. Forsythe hits and runs enough to be considered in NL-only leagues.
- Jonathan Lucroy will make his second start of the season at first base tonight. It'll be Lucroy's fifth appearance at the position in 2013, so keep tabs on his positional eligibility if you own him.
- In other Brewers' news, an August 16 return is being targeted for SP Yovani Gallardo (hamstring).
- It looks like the Mets are promoting prospect Wilmer Flores to play third base, and sending closer Bobby Parnell (stiff neck) to the DL. Here's a brief look at Flores from Amazin' Avenue; NL-only owners should check him out. As for a short-term Parnell replacement ... um ... David Aardsma, maybe?
- Giants SP Ryan Vogelsong will come off the DL to start Friday night against the Orioles. Vogelsong has been out since May 28 with a broken pinky.
- The Mariners are sending recently-demoted closer Tom Wilhelmsen to Triple A. Ouch.
- Tigers 2B Omar Infante hopes to come off the DL on Thursday.
- Another good start for R.A. Dickey. Can you still buy a little low?
See you back here tomorrow morning.