Attention, Yasiel Puig owners: Your guy isn't going to get benched for a week, or a month, or anything like that. Just the occasional game or few innings when he does something dopey, like last night.
First pitch: The A's (with Bartolo Colon) and Tigers get AL action underway at 1:08 p.m. ET, while the Phillies and Mets start the NL day at 1:10. With four games scheduled to begin in that two-minute span, set your lineups early.
Interleague DH issues: Yan Gomes sat again last night against the Braves. I suspect that Gomes will play tonight, and Carlos Santana is one of many candidates for the bench in that case.
Streaming starters: A strong game from Charlie Morton raised our record to 85-49. Today's selection is Rays' rookie Jake Odorizzi (owned in 0.7 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) versus the Angels, while Friday's pick is Arizona's Randall Delgado (1.8 percent owned) against the Giants.
On to the rest of the news:
- The Rockies are hoping to get OF Dexter Fowler back in the lineup this weekend, but it "would probably be a stretch to see him out there on Friday," according to manager Walt Weiss. On the bright side, an MRI on Fowler's knee didn't show anything bad.
- Remember how awesome Pirates SP Jeff Locke was a couple months ago? He's been sent to the minors for at least one start, and might not get his rotation slot back.
- Dodgers OF Matt Kemp (ankle) will begin a three-game rehab assignment tonight.
- This Red Sox notebook contains a Clay Buchholz update that's the same as the one we posted on Monday. A return around September 10 is still the plan.
- It's official: Friday will be Taijuan Walker time in Seattle. As mentioned here earlier this week, streaming Walker against the Astros is fine, but don't get too attached, as an innings limit looms.
- The Yankees are worried about backup infielder Eduardo Nunez (knee). Since Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez are due to get hurt again any day now, that matters in AL-only leagues.
- The Orioles have claimed OF Josh Willingham from the Twins, and a trade might be in the works. Stay tuned.
- Pirates RP Jason Grilli is closing in on a rehab stint, and could be back in a couple of weeks.
- The Indians placed OF Ryan Raburn (calf, heel) on the DL, but he could be back as soon as next Tuesday.
- Hey now, Danny Duffy! I'm getting excited that I own you in an AL keeper league.
- The Dodgers signed SP Edinson Volquez. Zzz ...
- Phillies 3B Cody Asche tweaked a hamstring last night, and probably won't play today.
See you back here tomorrow morning.