Attention, MLB Extra Innings and MLB.tv subscribers: Jerry Seinfeld will be part of the broadcast crew for tonight's Mets-Giants game. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
First pitch: Today's Braves-Nats doubleheader - yesterday's game was postponed due to the Washington Navy Yard shootings - begins at 1:05 p.m. ET, while AL action gets underway with Yankees-Blue Jays at 7:07.
Interleague DH issues: Ryan Ludwick was the Reds' DH last night in Houston, with Chris Heisey in left field. Look for both to be in tonight's lineup as well.
Streaming starters: With Sonny Gray (owned in 30.2 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) pushed back in favor of Jarrod Parker, our backup pick of Wily Peralta made us look smart on Monday. Let's go with a double-dip of Gray and Cleveland's Corey Kluber (10.8 percent owned) at Kansas City today, and grab strikeout machine Danny Salazar (7.1 percent owned) as Wednesday's pick. I hope Salazar gets five innings in this time - in his last outing, he whiffed nine batters in three-and-two-thirds innings before getting yanked due to a high pitch count.
On to the rest of the news:
- Mariners SP Felix Hernandez, who hasn't started since September 2 due to an oblique injury, will have his scheduled Wednesday start pushed back to at least the weekend. This Tacoma News Tribune story suggests that an erratic Monday bullpen session - and not the oblique - is the reason the M's are delaying Hernandez's return. Let's take the team at its word for now, and not worry about a shutdown for The King, who says he'll return this season. However, he'll have a maximum of two starts left.
- Here's an update on all the Dodger injuries. The highlights are that Matt Kemp might be limited to pinch hitting for awhile, Hanley Ramirez (back) is ready to resume baseball activities, and Andre Ethier (ankle) isn't expected to play for at least a few days.
- The Rockies had early exits from C Wilin Rosario (calf) and 3B Nolan Arenado (thumb) on Monday. Rosario probably won't play tonight, and Arenado's lingering thumb issue sounds like a problem that might not go away.
- The A's expect to have SS Jed Lowrie (hamstring cramp) back in the lineup tonight.
- With Danny Duffy scratched (and possibly done for the season) due to forearm fatigue, the Royals will start rookie Yordano Ventura tonight. Ventura is a good prospect, but his MLB debut looks like a tall order. Here's a detailed look at Ventura from Royals Review.
- Rangers SP Alexi Ogando makes his first start since August 13 tonight, but you should only expect him to last three or four innings.
- Wow, Andrew Cashner. You're really going all-out to impress 2014 fantasy drafters, huh?
- I hope you started Johnny Cueto if you own him. Nice return by the Reds' ace.
- There's still faint hope that the Indians will get another start from Justin Masterson (oblique) before the end of the season. Note my use of the word "faint."
- Gee, Matt Garza has stunk as a Ranger. He's got a 4.97 ERA and a 1.30 WHIP with them over 11 starts. In my AL-only league, I had an amazing offense along with struggling pitchers at midseason, and tried to combat my weaknesses by acquiring Garza and CC Sabathia in late July. Needless to say, my team is toast.
See you back here tomorrow morning.