It sounds like Joba Chamberlain has avoided a guaranteed public relations loss by making up with Mariano Rivera after a Saturday spat. That's good, as Chamberlain would have been better off throwing a sack full of golden retriever puppies off the George Washington Bridge than having Yankee fans think he insulted Rivera.
First pitch: The Yankees and Indians play the first game of their doubleheader at 12:05 p.m. ET to start the AL day. NL action begins at 7:05 with a pair of games.
Interleague DH issues: None today, but starting Tuesday, the Indians will probably sit Mark Reynolds, Nick Swisher or Drew Stubbs (my pick) when they play in Philadelphia.
Streaming starters: Dan Straily struggled Friday, Vance Worley wasn't good outisde of notching a win on Saturday, and Chris Capuano was just fine against the Marlins on Sunday. We're 24-15 on the season.
Today's pick is underrated Cub Travis Wood (owned in 38.4 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the Rockies, while Tuesday's selection is the still-underowned Scott Kazmir (8.5 percent owned) on the road in Philly.
On to the news:
- After coming through Friday's rehab start without any issues, Zack Greinke thinks he's ready to pitch for the Dodgers against the Nationals on Wednesday, but the team hasn't made a decision yet on his return from the DL. If I owned Greinke in a league that required lineups to be set today, I'd activate him. If the Dodgers are planning to let him pitch somewhere, why not in Dodger Stadium to help them climb out of last place? FANTASY NEWS Check out the latest
- Besides, the Nats won't have OF Jayson Werth, who is on the DL with a strained hamstring. Roger Bernadina has been playing more often than not in Werth's absence, and should be an NL-only consideration despite his current .289 OPS.
- OF Jason Heyward could come off the DL at any time, but weekly leaguers might want to keep him benched in case the Braves wait a few more days.
- It sounds like Diamondbacks OF Adam Eaton is about a week or so away from making his 2013 debut. Is he going to displace the surprising A.J. Pollock? Hmm ...
- Speedy Jays OF Rajai Davis is on the DL with an oblique injury. Someday, Davis will enter the season 18th on a team's outfield depth chart and still find a way to steal 30 bases.
- With Eduardo Nunez (oblique) on the DL, the Yankees are going with Jayson Nix at shortstop. No, I don't know how they keep winning.
- The Red Sox have placed C David Ross on the seven-day concussion DL and called up the solid Ryan Lavarnway. Lavarnway is a short-term AL-only option who might play a few times this week. In other Red Sox news, here's a link to info on Joel Hanrahan's season-ending surgery, in case you missed it.
- Rockies OF Charlie Blackmon homered Sunday after getting called up to replace the injured Michael Cuddyer on the roster, but look for speedy Eric Young Jr. to get more playing time.
- This neck strain of Adrian Gonzalez's is getting annoying, huh?
- Ryan Madson could be back with the Angels sometime this week. He probably won't close right away, though.
- The A's hope to get OFs Coco Crisp and Chris Young back from the DL on Wednesday.
- Rays OF Desmond Jennings missed the weekend with a groin injury, but is expected to return tomorrow.
fantasy baseball news
and advice on FOXSports.com!
See you back here tomorrow morning.