Fantasy owners of Buccaneers RB Mike James must have been very happy for a few minutes last night, as their hero ran five times for 41 yards on the Bucs' first drive. However, on that fifth carry, James suffered an ankle injury that probably ended his season. Tough break, for you and for James. And for me, since I lost a game by one point due to the injury.
In James' place, Brian Leonard carried 20 times for 57 yards, while Bobby Rainey ran eight times for 45 yards and the game-winning TD. Who's the free-agent target here? Probably Leonard, though some level of timeshare is likely. Don't expect miracles.
On to the news:
- The Packers have signed QB Matt Flynn to back up current starter Scott Tolzien. You might remember Flynn as the guy who once threw for 480 yards and six touchdown passes in the Packers' 2011 regular-season finale, AND the guy who got cut this season by both the Raiders and Bills. When assessing Flynn's fantasy possibilities, the 2013 stuff is more relevant.
- Bears QB Jay Cutler will miss Sunday's game due to a sprained ankle, so Josh McCown starts against the Ravens.
- Peyton Manning will start Sunday night against the Chiefs despite aggravating an ankle injury in Week 10. Tough matchup, less than 100 percent ... but it's not like you're going to bench him.
- Titans QB Jake Locker is done for the season with a foot injury. Ryan Fitzpatrick steps in, and has some friendly matchups ahead.
- Remember your byes: The Cowboys and Rams are off this week. Thursday's game is Colts-Titans.
- Despite some reports to the contrary, Cowboys WR Dez Bryant says his back is fine. I don't know if Bryant is telling the truth, but I'd start him as long as he's active.
- In other Cowboys' news, star LB Sean Lee is expected to miss 3-4 weeks with a hamstring injury, so it's possible that their defense will get even worse. They'll face the Giants in Week 12.
- In case you missed it, Texans RB Arian Foster is reportedly scheduled to have season-ending back surgery. Congrats to all those who handcuffed Ben Tate.
- The Boston Herald says we should expect Patriots RB Shane Vereen to "regain a starting-caliber role in passing situations." Starting Vereen in standard formats versus the Panthers seems risky, even if you've been dreaming about his explosive Week 1 performance for the last two months.
- The status of 49ers TE Vernon Davis (concussion) for Week 11 is TBD.
- Seahawks WR Percy Harvin has been activated, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll play Sunday. Stay tuned.
- Dolphins slot WR Rishard Matthews caught 11 passes for 120 yards and two touchdowns last night, and should absolutely be a free-agent target this week. He'll be better for PPR leagues than standard formats.
- The status of Bills WR Stevie Johnson (groin) for Week 11 is TBD.
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd is day-to-day with a sprained shoulder.
- Vikings QB Christian Ponder (shoulder) hopes to play in Week 11. Since the Vikes will visit Seattle, maybe Ponder should just take the week off.
- FYI, Packers WR Jarrett Boykin caught eight passes for 112 yards on 13 targets against the Eagles, and is still owned in just 34.4 percent of FOXSports.com leagues. Maybe Tolzien really likes Boykin.
- John Harbaugh doesn't sound ready to bench Ray Rice, even if you might be.
- Jets TE Kellen Winslow is eligible to return this week following a four-game suspension.
- We should have a better idea tomorrow if the Raiders will have the services of QB Terrelle Pryor (knee) in Week 11.
- My friend Joel Beall will be in the FOXSports.com fantasy chat room today at 3 p.m. ET. Stop by if you can.
- Have you subscribed to the Fantasy 15 podcast yet? We post new episodes every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
See you back here Friday morning.